Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
So pleased for Mariam, this has been a great run for just her second slam appearance. She has a very good lefty game, both these players have very similar playing styles which made it an interesting watch. Good luck next round:worship:

·
Registered
14,958 Posts
She was very shaky on serve when the score got tight, but she held in that crucial 4-4 game and put all the pressure back on Pera. Great result.

·
Rise up from ignorance
18,265 Posts
Mass Suicide just happened ;)

Reactions: chef-d'œuvre

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Never saw her before today. But she has a nice game and good spirit - every time I tuned in she seemed to be wearing more tape.:lol:

But kept battling.:) Crowd clearly appreciated her effort at the end despite the fact she beat an American. Well sort of.:eek:h:

·
Premium Member
65,258 Posts
Re: US Open R1: M.Bolkvadze d. B.Pera 6:3 5:7 6:4

Bolkvetadze :eek: :yeah: :cheer:

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
useless, no other word, this girl probably never played a MD match outside Tashkent, had 4-2 in final set after winning second being down 3-5 to 7-5

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Bernarda can change three letters to her name but she will never run away from Croatian choking grudge :sobbing:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
R1: (Q)Mariam Bolkvadze def. Bernarda Pera 63 57 64

I admit I was sceptical when ppl her were praising here for beating in-form Watson (I mean, it's Watson guys...), but you really were into something. Also, Pera made 61 UE :eek:h:

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Mariam is cool. I have seen her play in person a couple of times as she likes to carve up the British ITFs. :)

Really pleased for her that she's having a breakthrough here. She's had to fight extremely hard and now quite considerably mummified. That adds to the arm problem she's suffered with since the fall in the Watson match first round.

·
Registered
13,247 Posts
Well, no surprise since she's never been in the top 200.
That's clearly her breakthrough tournament.
But it is still surprising, I can't think of too many such examples such of late? Has Gauff won a WTA match before winning her matches at RG? I don't remember.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts