Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice comeback from coco, she was solid at the end and came up with some clutch serves.
Gross fake MTO from potato, bye gurl.
Winnable second round against babos coming up

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,958 Posts
US Open R1 Co Co Gauff d. Anastasia Poptova 3-6 6-2 6-4

Fun match. Co Co adusted well after getting outhit in the first set. Good mentality too.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
now she gets Babos next:spit: exactly the type of player that will definitely lose to 15 year old pusher in extremely hostile environment:lol:

not sure how good it is for her career to be winning these matches on big stages and getting tons of hype when her game needs A LOT of work ..:shrug:

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Re: US Open R1 Co Co Gauff d. Anastasia Poptova 3-6 6-2 6-4

MTO should be banned.
When you are in the boxing ring, you don't take MTO. If you can't fight, you are out.
Tennis is an one on one and should be the same way.
That fake MTO Potapova took worked. It cooled down Coco. Hate cheaters.

·
Registered
115,555 Posts
Gauff was mentally much stronger. When Potapova was serving 45 15-0 and went for the big down the line and missed, that showed the mental difference between them, cant give any points away at 45 in the 3rd
I like a lot of what Potapova did, but when she goes off the rails she is a mess of errors

·
Registered
9,391 Posts

Pota got Gauffed :SNE:
Coco :cheer:

@SERVivor :secret: Potapova not Poptova :eek:h:

·
Registered
Serena! Naomi. Coco. Simona. Iga. Ashleigh.
2,648 Posts
US Open R1 Co Co Gauff d. Anastasia Poptova 3-6 6-2 6-4

Fun match. Co Co adusted well after getting outhit in the first set. Good mentality too.

Impressed with how many fans she has already. Crowd support helped. She even has an ad already. “Call me Coco.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38,326 Posts

:cheer:

Reactions: networthy

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
now she gets Babos next:spit: exactly the type of player that will definitely lose to 15 year old pusher in extremely hostile environment:lol:

not sure how good it is for her career to be winning these matches on big stages and getting tons of hype when her game needs A LOT of work ..:shrug:
she is not gonna get better sitting on a couch......

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

not sure how good it is for her career to be winning these matches on big stages and getting tons of hype when her game needs A LOT of work ...:shrug:

·
Premium Member
Naomi Osaka, Bianca Andreescu, Iga Swiatek
4,788 Posts

Nice win for Coco but her Fhand needs work. More Raquet Head Speed please. That Stroke looks a lot like Wozniacki's when she was very young.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Probably the worst match in History. A Pushing Spectacle. Pushers want to outpush each other.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
she is not gonna get better sitting on a couch......
i know ,i think she should be winning matches and grinding at smaller events where theres very little pressure and shes not going to get all this ridiculous attention/hype. getting lucky draws and winning in slams is not it imo .

·
Registered
Serena! Naomi. Coco. Simona. Iga. Ashleigh.
2,648 Posts

MTO should be banned.
When you are in the boxing ring, you don't take MTO. If you can't fight, you are out.
Tennis is an one on one and should be the same way.
That fake MTO Potapova took worked. It cooled down Coco. Hate cheaters.

Well, at least Coco still won. Potapova annoyed me a little throughout the match, but she did give a nice handshake, so maybe her intensity level is just off the charts or else she really didn’t want to lose to a 15 year-old hometown girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
44,184 Posts
Potapova was hysterical out there, probably to fight the crowd, but it was excessive, unnecessary, unpleasant, unbearable.

Coco is SO talented. She has an easiness, a perfect mix of cool and power and can add variety. She has a great future and those who don't see it... should do something else than watching tennis! :SNE:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

I think Coco has the most annoying team in tennis since Cibulkova's Pome squad. There's like 25 of them in her box and they all stand up and clap every time she wins a point, opponents' errors included.

·
Registered
34,311 Posts
They are both talented, but it shows how young they are that it was such an essentially boring grind-fest. They are still not confident or experienced enough to wield the ability they have, so they kind of just belt the ball back and forth, classic young 'un battle. Nice moment at the net, Potapova not like her namesake in that way, at least.

Reactions: Dostoyevsky
1 - 20 of 94 Posts