Registered
115,438 Posts
Re: USO QF : Serena defeated Wang 6-1 6-0

Equal pay! Women have a good deal in tennis

Reactions: Tenisova

·
Registered
21,745 Posts
Chinese #1 eats a breadstick and a bagel in the most boring 44 minutes of my life (I guessed 45 minutes in the 1st set, but I underestimated how horrid Wang would be).

Reactions: Viktorija

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
was there any doubt that this would happen???...Wang has nothing to hurt Serena with...really really boring match...

·
Registered
17,931 Posts
Serena was absolutely stunning.

24 winners to 10 UEs. :bowdown: one of the cleanest matches she's played since her comeback. Just hitting her groundstrokes so cleanly, and some of those angles :drool:

Yes, Wang was quite bad and wasn't as consistent as she can be. I felt like she was overwhelmed with nerves and by Serena's power and she just didn't have the ability to mix up her game plan today. Most of her shots were right into Serena's strike zone and her pace was just feeding into Serena's game extremely well.

This felt like the CSN massacre from a few years ago, where Serena was awesome and CSN was horrible, too.

At least, it looks like her ankle is perfectly fine with her movement and push-off off her serve today. Obviously, Svitolina will be much tougher than Wang today, and will make Serena play many more balls - but judging from the way her groundstrokes have gradually improved all tournament, Serena should win that one, too.

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
I had a feeling after the first set that Qiang would struggle to make it past 1 hour mark, it turns out I am right :eek:

But Serena was very much in the zone, her backhand in particular was great and she was hitting the ball very hard even for her standards.

Reactions: danieln1
1 - 20 of 171 Posts