Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
39,072 Posts
That match was pure comedy to watch :lol: Vickery was SWEARING all over the place for the whole match. It was quite ridiculous and she honestly should have received a lot more code violations for it.

Shinikova outside of some 'putting the racquet up' gestures was actually bearable this time. Until... The Shinikova MTO with cramps happened :lol: It was questionable at best. Did they change this rules for the US Open? Can't imagine they did. Vickery went on and on "this is not allowed" but then played some very bad points herself afterwards. Shinikova hit her legs so hard at times with the racquet that I'm not surprised about the cramps :lol:

Shinikova was basically leading all match so the end result is fine by me, the circumstances however are... well... interesting :p

·
it's just me against the music.
27,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shinikova claimed she felt her muscle tear, so therefore the MTO was allowed. It was CLEARLY cramps.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Anyone remembering Vickery losing a match few years ago just for being able to play Australian Open qualis? Well, I guess this is karma.

Anyway, Ana Bogdan is the real winner of this match. (Shinikova plays Bogdan in final round)

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
There was so much screaming and racquet throwing during this match. I was doing some work so I was mostly listening. What a mess.

·
🐟🐟
4,163 Posts
Vickery: *big racquet smash*
Kjendlie (the umpire): ☀

Vickery: *another big racquet smash*
Kjendlie: ☀

Vickery: *smashes ball in anger*

Vickery: *screams and swears*

Vickery: *smashes the net with her racquet twice*

Shinikova's service routine is interrupted by a moving spectator
Kjendlie: TIME VIOLATION, SHINIKOVA!!!!!!!!!

https://streamable.com/z28eh

·
Registered
27,286 Posts
Nothing good could come from these 2.
Bogdan to save Humanity and qualify from this section, hopefully.

·
Registered
264 Posts
why is everyone hating on shinikova she is playing great tennis and defiantly deserves to qualify.

and yes the umpire was not fair in the match.

·
Registered
39,072 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Why?
You missed the part where she stopped the match for cramping at MP down in last set TB?
Yes i understand but the umpire allowed her the mto its not her fault.

·
Registered
81,282 Posts
1 - 20 of 104 Posts