Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bolkvadze was much better than I realised, she probably has a decent future ahead

Disappointing for Watson after the Vancouver win

·
Premium Member
182,209 Posts
Watson has to the biggest basic scrub theres ever been

·
Registered
13,021 Posts
No MD wins ever for Watson here, the day she makes it to R2 it will rain cats and dogs, too bad she failed at the first hurdle in Q1

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
not so horrible like belgian scrubs. I mean Bonaventure( the most annoying player in the ITF tour) or Minnen. Go Mariam :cheer:
I didn't say that other countries do not have scrubs with annoying grunts (though Bonaventure and Minnen are not as bad as Gorgodze and Bolkvadze), so what's your point?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I didn't say that other countries do not have scrubs with annoying grunts (though Bonaventure and Minnen are not as bad as Gorgodze and Bolkvadze), so what's your point?
You're obsessed about georgian players. Bonaventure has probably a psychological problem or even disease. Just watch her matches.

I'm so happy that georgian tennis is still alive. I thought that Margalita Chakhnashvili will be the last good player from Georgia

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
You're obsessed about georgian players. Bonaventure has probably a psychological problem or even disease. Just watch her matches.

I'm so happy that georgian tennis is still alive. I thought that Margalita Chakhnashivili will be the last good player from Georgia
I'm not obsessed with Georgian players, I'm just pointing out that two of them have annoying and over the top grunts. Bonaventure has nothing to do with this, I don't know why you're bringing her up here, it doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Mariam making her move after years on the ITF circuit. :) Seemed to be going nowhere forever, now looks like a potential top 100 player.

She was the first player I ever saw live there, back when she was barely sixteen.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
Bolkvadze is much more talented and way less annoying than that Gorgodze thing. Happy to see her succeed.

Reactions: Perun

·
Premium Member
19,687 Posts
Watched the match, Bolkvadze was killing obviously exhausted Watson from the FH... Hope she goes further

Cool, another Georgian scrub with a horrible fake grunt..:rolleyes:
Yepp, the grunt was so obnoxiously fake, only during certain points and very different every time :lol:

·
Premium Member
66,188 Posts
Mariam :yeah: 11 months ago she lost in a 15k QF and now she's in USO QR2 with a chance to go all the way.

As proven countless times, 99% of players won't be able to tell you anything about the opponent's grunt since they're only focused on their own game and upcoming shot. It makes absolutely no sense to fake a grunt. :shrug: Although, the way the word "fake" is thrown around here might make one think some players are born with grunts and others are faking it. :lol: Just because the grunt intensity changes between different parts in the match doesn't mean that the player is doing it on purpose, it's just whatever feels natural in that moment.

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
As proven countless times, 99% of players won't be able to tell you anything about the opponent's grunt since they're only focused on their own game and upcoming shot. It makes absolutely no sense to fake a grunt. :shrug: Although, the way the word "fake" is thrown around here might make one think some players are born with grunts and others are faking it. :lol: Just because the grunt intensity changes between different parts in the match doesn't mean that the player is doing it on purpose, it's just whatever feels natural in that moment.
oh dear.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts