Tennis Forum banner

481 - 500 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Huge record ratings in Canada both on TSN the english speaking broadcast and RDS the french speaking broadcast.

·
Registered
84,403 Posts

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Most important take away from the press conference.. Drake texted her :lol:
That private jet she flew home on yesterday is apparently leased by the Sports media production company that LeBron and Drake are invested in.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Serena before her match against Vinci at USO015

8-0 in finals

After

2-6

:help:

Congrats Bianca
I fully believe that not achieving the calendar slam and thus failing to equal Graf broke her. She even said herself that her heart was broken and she didn't play for the rest of the year. She always wanted to get that calendar slam and olympic gold in the same year but never managed it and never will now.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I fully believe that not achieving the calendar slam and thus failing to equal Graf broke her. She even said herself that her heart was broken and she didn't play for the rest of the year. She always wanted to get that calendar slam and olympic gold in the same year but never managed it and never will now.
Very good point. It all makes sense. Vinci broke her.

·
Registered
53,484 Posts

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Exactly, she has the kind of personality to be very popular and she´s very young, I think there´s no other player with those attributes atm, even Osaka, as much as I like her, is a bit too shy and silent to draw a lot of attention to women´s tennis. I even think she could have a couple of interesting feuds outside the courts like Maria, Serena, and all the popularity magnets of the past decade :eek:h:
We can only hope she keeps the form and that winning mindset for a long time
She's mature as well, something that I'm too reluctant to say when it comes to Osaka. I still remember Naomi going off on Instagram about how she's trying and doing her best and whatnot and then losing first round matches left and right. Bianca is so unfazed by anything and everything that happens around her that she only focuses on her tennis and lets it do the talking instead.

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
2:18 Serena´s face :lol:
7:20 "Honestly I don´t think Serena showed up."
7:30 I love this Italian journalist :lol: He is always so funny and honest with interesting questions. And asks questions and says things the other journalists are afraid to ask :yeah:
"In the finals against Kerber, Osaka and Halep you played really bad." :hysteric: But so true.
7:53 and 7:58 and 8:33 Her face :lol:
8:33 "I mean Kerber doesn´t count." :eek:h:
8:53 "So close, so close, so close and yet so far away." :sobbing: :sad:

@mattypark
Could you please make Gifs of Serena´s funny faces at 2:18, 7:53 ("well, okay"), 7:58 and 8:33 ("I mean Kerber doesn´t count.") ?
Thank you :worship:

·
Registered
250 Posts
2:18 Serena´s face :lol:
7:20 "Honestly I don´t think Serena showed up."
7:30 I love this Italian journalist :lol: He is always so funny and honest with interesting questions. And asks questions and says things the other journalists are afraid to ask :yeah:
"In the finals against Kerber, Osaka and Halep you played really bad." :hysteric: But so true.
7:53 and 7:58 and 8:33 Her face :lol:
8:33 "I mean Kerber doesn´t count." :eek:h:
8:53 "So close, so close, so close and yet so far away." :sobbing: :sad:

@mattypark
Could you please make Gifs of Serena´s funny faces at 2:18, 7:53 ("well, okay"), 7:58 and 8:33 ("I mean Kerber doesn´t count.") ?
Thank you :worship:
I love her reaction to the Italian journalist. Having just lost another final, she could've flipped her switch and went the fuck off on him. A lot of people would have. But she decided to embrace the shade and show some humor and vulnerability. :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Back to the game, the most insipid remark from Chris Evert on the TV broadcast, came after the very first game wherein Bianca had broken Serena's serve. Evert said something to the effect that it was smart of Bianca to make Serena serve first to take advantage of Serena who might be a little rusty and not yet in full focus for the match. So there you have it the secret to beating Serena is to win the coin toss and make Serena serve first and she is toast. However I have the impression that had Serena won the coin toss, she probably would have elected to serve first anyway. So I guess she was doomed no matter what. How did the pundits miss this and think that Serena had a chance?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Back to the game, the most insipid remark from Chris Evert on the TV broadcast, came after the very first game wherein Bianca had broken Serena's serve. Evert said something to the effect that it was smart of Bianca to make Serena serve first to take advantage of Serena who might be a little rusty and not yet in full focus for the match. So there you have it the secret to beating Serena is to win the coin toss and make Serena serve first and she is toast. However I have the impression that had Serena won the coin toss, she probably would have elected to serve first anyway. So I guess she was doomed no matter what. How did the pundits miss this and think that Serena had a chance?
Serena made 5 errors in the first game, including 2 double faults. Her 1st serve % was below 50%, I think. Evert didn't say it was "the secret to beating Serena." She said the first game of a match is often one where Serena might feel nerves, be a little rusty, and not be fully warmed up.

Bianca has said she always chooses to receive when she wins the toss.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Bianca chooses to receive first after winning the toss a lot of times..she herself said that in post match press conference that the decision to receive first didn't really have much to do with Serena...rather it's something that she does pretty often

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Serena made 5 errors in the first game, including 2 double faults. Her 1st serve % was below 50%, I think. Evert didn't say it was "the secret to beating Serena." She said the first game of a match is often one where Serena might feel nerves, be a little rusty, and not be fully warmed up.

Bianca has said she always chooses to receive when she wins the toss.
The hilarious thing about this is wondering if other players now are going to pass the serve to Bianca if they win the coin toss in the future... Are they going to win either way?

Bianca chooses to pass the serve goes immediately to attack mode to break serve and get a quick 2-0 lead... She serves first and wins, her opponent is trying to play catch up the rest of the set...

481 - 500 of 514 Posts