Tennis Forum banner

461 - 480 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
:lol: I noticed that too.. I think she meant when she really started playing with purpose. Isn't that when she joined Tennis Canada? Honestly doing that many interviews after probably little to no sleep I would probably forget my name :p
yh...that's when she joined Tennis Canada...I am guessing there will also be ton of interviews once she reaches Canada..at this rate, she is probly gonna take 3 weeks off until China Open

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
Bianca is what the WTA has been needing desperately since 2009 and honestly, she's what the tour and the fans of the WTA deserve. Out with the old and in with the new and yeah I mean Maria here as well.
Of course you do. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84,403 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Bencic is the worst matchup, right ? :lol: Andreescu was dragging Serena in rallies with her heavy FH, and it was a washout until she choked at 5-1, but I find it even more impressive that she managed to regroup at 5-5, when all the moronic crowd was cheering her every error, at 19, when last year she was ranked > 150 in the world. Outstanding.

And a good chance too to update my sig :eek:h:
:yeah:

·
Registered
32,820 Posts
Bianca is what the WTA has been needing desperately since 2009 and honestly, she's what the tour and the fans of the WTA deserve. Out with the old and in with the new and yeah I mean Maria here as well.

Yeah because she can't beat herself out of a paper bag. If there was any hope of Maria winning a slam you'd never have written that last statement.

·
Registered
32,820 Posts
Oh shut up. I've been a fan of Maria since 2003 and I still am. I just wish she wins something big soon enough and then paves the way for the young generation to step in and take charge.
:help::help::help::help::help:
No one in their right name would want to follow Maria by any stretch of the imagination and please for your own sake, stop waiting for a miracle she's washed up, never again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As I’ve watched many a match on television over the years one of the ubiquitous clichés, TV commentators are fond of suggesting is that the seventh game of a set is the most critical or pivotal game in determining the outcome. Never was there a more glaring example of proving such point than in this match in the first set. Serena was serving at 2-4 and faced either five or six BPs, before finally prevailing in the game which lasted more than ten minutes. Although she held serve in this game an indifferent spectator knowing Serena’s strengths and prowess could safely conclude she was done; you could stick a fork in her. In fact considering her frightened demeanor thereafter Serena seemed cognizant of that as well.

The point is that Serena’s dominance chiefly relies on her power and her ability to have easy service games. Just ponder this statistic: in the six previous games in the tournament she only lost serve three times, but yet in this match alone she lost serve six times. And you can not say she had an off day serving, she had her share of aces, but she was facing a player who can return her serves with interest.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,238 Posts
She did have an off day serving though...44% first serves, 8 double faults

That's a good serving day? :weirdo:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Exactly, she has the kind of personality to be very popular and she´s very young, I think there´s no other player with those attributes atm, even Osaka, as much as I like her, is a bit too shy and silent to draw a lot of attention to women´s tennis. I even think she could have a couple of interesting feuds outside the courts like Maria, Serena, and all the popularity magnets of the past decade :eek:h:
We can only hope she keeps the form and that winning mindset for a long time

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Exactly, she has the kind of personality to be very popular and she´s very young, I think there´s no other player with those attributes atm, even Osaka, as much as I like her, is a bit too shy and silent to draw a lot of attention to women´s tennis. I even think she could have a couple of interesting feuds outside the courts like Maria, Serena, and all the popularity magnets of the past decade :eek:h:
We can only hope she keeps the form and that winning mindset for a long time
Well, during the Toronto Open, the commentator Olga who was spilling so much tea on the players, did say that some girls in the lockerroom didn't like Bianca because of the way she struts herself as if she owns the place, and of course the MTO's. She shows a lot of self confidence, and some players will interpret this as been brazen.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Well, during the Toronto Open, the commentator Olga who was spilling so much tea on the players, did say that some girls in the lockerroom didn't like Bianca because of the way she struts herself as if she owns the place, and of course the MTO's. She shows a lot of self confidence, and some players will interpret this as been brazen.
Yea, Kerber knows how much of a drama queen she can be :haha:, but until now she´s at least proving a lot of mental fortitude.

One thing that surprised me positively about her was her loud screams in that final against Serena. Serena´s opponents, and specially in a final, tend to ve very very quiet and respectful of the situation, even Sharapova and Azarenka lowered their voice a little bit and Kerber, Halep Osaka were almost totally silent in those finals, but not Andreescu in her 1st slam final and against Serena, even in a tough situation when she was losing control she didn´t mind to scream those comeones, it was like if she was Serena and Serena another random player

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
The first set was the highest quality of tennis I've seen in years.

But Serena showed sign of nerves, double-faulted on big points.

The second set was an up and down and very dramatic in the end. Serena had her chances to come back.

You can say, that Serena is unlucky to lose 4 Slam finals in a row. Unlucky because she always played opponents peaking in these matches.

But truth is that Serena let them play that well. She didn't play well in the first three and she didn't play well on big points in this match.

Serena needs her serve to dominate the match against top playersl like Andreescu and the serve wasn't there.

And it would also be important for her to work on her volleys, at times she really looks awkward at the net.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,238 Posts
The first set was the highest quality of tennis I've seen in years.

But Serena showed sign of nerves, double-faulted on big points.

The second set was an up and down and very dramatic in the end. Serena had her chances to come back.

You can say, that Serena is unlucky to lose 4 Slam finals in a row. Unlucky because she always played opponents peaking in these matches.

But truth is that Serena let them play that well. She didn't play well in the first three and she didn't play well on big points in this match.

Serena needs her serve to dominate the match against top playersl like Andreescu and the serve wasn't there.

And it would also be important for her to work on her volleys, at times she really looks awkward at the net.
Someone who gets it, you only play as well as your opponent allows you to

461 - 480 of 514 Posts