Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some rinky dink network called Lifetime outdoor or something got the rights to it which has like 3 viewers. So you can watch the weekend taped on NBC or not at all in the US.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
:eek:
Where did you find this at?
I really hope this isnt true!!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
I've heard about that too..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was in my Tennis Week that I just got today, Outdoor Life Cable channel which I've never heard of got it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
On a brighter side, we'll spend more time discussing Roland Garros on these boards.. :)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Now I'm not gonna be able to see Martina win it.:sad: :p

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,468 Posts
I think Canadian viewers get the Outdoor Life Network if they have more than just the basic cable hookup. If this is true I'm really surprised, because I don't think that channel picks up a whole lot of viewers as far as I knew...

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
This is good news for me, because I get OLN!!!
I recently got digital cable but I am fairly sure we had this channel before that... I just haven't really watched it before. I hope they can give us some solid coverage.... I doubt they are as "busy" of a channel as say USA, TNT or NBC... so maybe they can show us more???

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Thank god I get that strange little network. I just got digital cable and was complaining that it is worthless!

I will miss Tracy Austin and Bill McAtee. I always enjoy Tracy's commentary. She is a blast from the past!

I hope USA holds on to its USO coverage. damn!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
you can not be SERIOUS!!! :(

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Wow...this can't be right.

If it is true, some network HAS TO pick up the slack.

And if it's on this "Lifetime" spin-off...does that mean they'll only show women's matches?

Doesn't matter to me, I certainly don't get this channel.

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
You cannot be serious :fiery: This had better not be true. I'm so sick of crappy, unpopular cable channels carrying the slams. Other than TNT, USA network had the best tennis coverage ever.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have digital cable but I've never heard of Outdoor Life. How in the world could a rinky-dink channel like this outbid USA. This just shows how unpopular the French Open is.

I doubt USA will give up the U.S. Open but, who knows?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
OMG!!!!! I loved USA's coverage of the French Open!:(

·
Plainclothes Division
6,350 Posts
Whoda thunk? And we actually get this channel on basic cable. (Better not speak too loud, or they'll take it away.) But even if we didn't, we wouldn't lose much in the way of women's coverage, as USA does everything they can to avoid women's matches.

Good riddance to USA. Only 3 hours of coverage per day (and they repeated it in the wee hours instead of showing different matches). They'd pick one men's match to focus on, and even if it was a comfortable win for the seed, it chewed up most of the telecast. I hope OLN has more coverage period (at least 5-6 hours per day), and shows some more women's matches in the first week (which wouldn't be tough). Anyone know who OLN is affiliated with? NBC perhaps?

For those that don't have the channel, start perstering, cajoling, schmoozing, etc., to get your cable system to pick it up. (I know, fat chance they'd actually listen to their subscribers, but it's worth a shot.)

So, who are the broadcasters?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,314 Posts
this is bad news!!!! i don't receive OLN on my basic cable! :(:( :mad: :fiery:

hpoefully another station will carry it in addition to OLN....

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
OLN (which I get, thank goodness) covered the Tour de France in great detail. I'm hoping they can do the same for RG....they couldn't do any worse than USA's coverage!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts