Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Press Release Source: USA Network

Anna Kournikova Gives USA Network Viewers a Look at Some of the Other Sides of the US Open
Thursday August 21, 5:11 pm ET

NEW YORK, Aug. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Tennis star Anna Kournikova joins USA Network as an entertainment reporter during the Network's live coverage of the 2003 US Open Tennis Championships. Kournikova, who was forced to miss this year's US Open due to injuries, will contribute pop culture stories and celebrity interviews exclusively for the Network during the tournament.

"Anna joins USA to provide part of the fun and sizzle in our coverage and we think she will bring viewers a sense of the celebrity aspect of the US Open," said Executive Producer and Senior Vice President Gordon Beck. "Anna will visit with us for a few days to have some fun as our roving entertainment reporter and we look forward to a fresh new character joining our team."

Kournikova joins USA on Wednesday, August 27 and will cover the grounds of the United States National Tennis Center in search of behind-the-scenes entertainment stories that surround the tennis action of the US Open. Kournikova has played in eight US Open Tennis Championships.

Daytime and primetime coverage begins Monday, Aug. 25 (11 AM ET & 7 PM ET) as the Network airs live action throughout two weeks of the most prestigious championship in professional tennis. Television's most comprehensive live weekday (11 AM -5 ET PM) and weeknight coverage (7-11 ET PM) of the men's and women's final tennis grand slam event of the year boasts over 95 hours of scheduled action.

John McEnroe and Tracy Austin, along with four-time Grand Slam champion Jim Courier, play-by-play announcers Ted Robinson, Bill Macatee and Michael Barkann comprise the USA Sports announce team.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030821/nyth136_1.html

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
didn't rusedski do something like this?.......o wait that was for Roland Gaross :lol: don't tell me Kournikova will join Access Hollywood or Extra next ;) :lol:

·
Registered
115,337 Posts
This is going to be interesting.
Anna with Barbara Streisand?
How can USA Network afford her? Who's their parent company?

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Shucks, looks like I am just going to miss her. Damn. She could have provided the USA Network an exclusive of what Steam does at the US Open.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Is this a joke? Sorry, but I can't see her as a roving reporter. What's next, she and Serena are going to present an award together at the 2003 VMA's?

Reactions: CanIGetAWhat

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
goldenlox said:
How can USA Network afford her? Who's their parent company?
Considering how "little" I thought that the tourism endorsement deal she signed recently was I doubt she got too much.

If I recall correctly, USA Network is there own thing and don't have a parent company. Not 100% sure. I know that Barry Diller was running things though.

·
Registered
115,337 Posts
After World Team Tennis, I really thought Anna might ask for a New Haven wild card.
Now I guess Anna won't even try a WTA event until '04.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
shouldn't Hingis be doing this sort of thing?
Anna already seems to have a 'leg up' on a second career :p

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
caelestia said:
shouldn't Hingis be doing this sort of thing?
Anna already seems to have a 'leg up' on a second career :p
I think Martina H. is taking English classes at her local college so that she can be a commentator. I think she would be good at it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Is Anna that fluent in english? It should be interesting however. she can talk about fashion, who is dating who. I like summer sanders also.

·
Registered
115,337 Posts
Insidermd coming up with big stories today.
If you told me yesterday that Anna would be opening the NYSE, and be a features commentator on USA Network, I would have bet my last dollar against it.
I bet this brings out a lot of celebrities next week.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Great :D And for the one who said less tennis and more bullshit... I'd rather see Anna do that then watch Andy Roddick(And believe me, we'll see alllllll his match from start to finish) :rolleyes:

And Anna is doing the right thing not entering events until the fall/winter or 2004. She needs the back to be back at 125% instead of comming back not fully fit..

·
Registered
850 Posts
RUS_4_EVER said:
Great :D And for the one who said less tennis and more bullshit... I'd rather see Anna do that then watch Andy Roddick(And believe me, we'll see alllllll his match from start to finish) :rolleyes:

And Anna is doing the right thing not entering events until the fall/winter or 2004. She needs the back to be back at 125% instead of comming back not fully fit..
Have you actually seen any of Roddick's matches lately? The men's tour has had far more exciting matchups than the women lately. The Roddick-Fish match last week in Cincinnati was incredible.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
The Great TeeRexx predicted this and many of you thought that I was off the mark. :p

My predictions are all coming true, so I guess that VENUS will take the title. :)

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Midnite Surfer said:
Have you actually seen any of Roddick's matches lately? The men's tour has had far more exciting matchups than the women lately. The Roddick-Fish match last week in Cincinnati was incredible.
Dude - if you live in Canada or the USA and have watched mens tennis lately you have had NO choice but to see Andy's matches! It's been awful. Please...Andy...make it stop! Lose! ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts