Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Lisa Raymond and Vania King are expected to join Serena and Venus Williams on the U.S. Fed Cup team that will be announced Wednesday to play Belgium on April 21-22 in Delray Beach.
Raymond, a former University of Florida star, reigns as the world's No. 1-ranked doubles player, making her a logical choice for international team competition that features both singles and doubles play.
The Palm Beach Gardens-based Williams sisters are slated to play singles in the Fed Cup quarterfinal where the U.S. team will be heavily favored. The Belgians will be competing without stars Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters, who are concentrating on tour events.
After those two top-five powerhouses, the top-ranked singles players for Belgium include Kirsten Flipkens (ranked No. 132) and Caroline Maes (228).
Tickets for the two-day, best-of-five matches competition at the Delray Beach Tennis Center are available at (888) 334-8782. Delray Beach hosted sold-out matches, also against Belgium, in the 2005 quarterfinals.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
What's the surface?? I think Delray is hard courts but can anyone confirm

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is hard court outdoors

·
-
26,864 Posts
Belgium :help: :lol:

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts
:hearts: Hope they televise the massace :drool::devil:

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL imagine the slaughter when Serena faces Caroline Maes on Day 1

·
Registered
477 Posts
Belgium better be hungry because they are going to get fed ALOT of bagels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Rena's Army
35,200 Posts
well this won't be pretty....BUT....it's tennis and anyone can feel inspired on a given day..........:unsure: who am I kidding....let's go team williams...and lisa and vania LOL

Reactions: Reuchlin

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
belge :tape: :help:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
poor Belgium :sad: I wouldnt like to be 'Belge' atm :scared:

·
Registered
24,441 Posts