Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:inlove::bowdown::drool:

Sandhub saved one or two match points while down 5-2 in the second set and then came storming back :hearts:

What a great win, and Beth redeemed herself :)

I still think it was a horrible decision to put Beth in and MJF is proving to be a suckish captain but it's all okay in the end :yeah:

Alexa Glatch was incredible! Alexa Glatch is love :drool::banana:

·
Registered
32,291 Posts
Czech Republic lead 6-2 5-2 MP. And they lost it.
Such a huge choke.

Now seriously, they probably lost benesova and Peschke forever.

What a fucking choke. :eek:

Congrats to USA.

·
Registered
33,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quite the opposite.
Playing Beth in the doubles was a bad choice, you can't deny it's lucky they came back. They should have lost 6-2, 6-2.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
at a set and 2/5 I gave up the ghost on ever seeing the williams play fed cup again. I hope theyhave the decency to play the final. Cannot believe it took Alexa to save the day

·
Registered
114,793 Posts
That match turned as much as a match could. 180 degrees.
And is Glatch the next star?

·
Registered
33,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is one of the greatest upsets in tennis history.

·
Dubai Love
52,429 Posts
iSzávay.;15498544 said:
:inlove::bowdown::drool:

Sandhub saved one or two match points while down 5-2 in the second set and then came storming back :hearts:

What a great win, and Beth redeemed herself :)

I still think it was a horrible decision to put Beth in and MJF is proving to be a suckish captain but it's all okay in the end :yeah:

Alexa Glatch was incredible! Alexa Glatch is love :drool::banana:
MJF has shown to be a great captain. Picking Glatch on the team AND to play both singles rubbers was weird and everyone was like WHAT?, but she wanted a team with variety and it payed off as Alexa won both her ties. Beth is the better doubles player than everyone else besides Liezel, and look that decision payed off too.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
MJF is proving to be a suckish captain
I disagree entirely. She probably had one of the weakest pools of players out of the last 8 teams once Venus,Serena & Lindsay were out of the picture, so she's allowed youngsters to play i.e Glatch and Oudin and mixed them with more experienced players such as Craybas and Huber and they are in the final. I say she should be looking for a bonus.

·
Registered
33,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe she is a good captain :p. The Glatch thing was incredible. I was like "WTF!!!.... Oudin duh!!!" and boy was I wrong :D

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
Playing Beth in the doubles was a bad choice, you can't deny it's lucky they came back. They should have lost 6-2, 6-2.
Glatch or Oudin are not accomplished doubles players. Bethanie just won the title in Charleston. Stop being annoying. I think there is a huge difference between Zina and MJF and MJF is putting together a TEAM, not just a Team with a Sister or Vania. MJF is doing an EXCELLENT job.

What an incredible weekend! Alexa :worship: She has an incredible game! She needs to be able to play like that more often on the WTA Tour! I am so excited :D!

The final is the week after the YEC. We should be able to get a Sister, fingers crossed! If not, Team B USA can win! :devil:

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
I hope Venus and Serena play the singles. Venus and Serena in singles and doubles would win 5-0 vs Italy on any surface. :sobbing: But I doubt that will happen, I dont want it to and so I hope the Team is:

Venus Williams (YES, she'll be no.1 then)
Serena Williams (No.2 :p)
Leizel Huber
Beth Mattek-Sands
Alexa Glatch (because of her performance this week)

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
MJF is a HUUUUGE improvement as a captain. Her commitment is obvious, a big step up. And the decision to play Glatch was brilliant. Especially since Alexa rose to the occasion. This could help Alexa bring confidence to her singles career.

Couple the wins by Glatch -- whose slice I knew was going to slice up tall and slow Kvitova -- with Pala's decision to play Iveta instead of Lucie :tape: on the first day, and the stage was set for this upset.

Big ups to Bethanie for twirling her racquet like that at 3-5 in the second set. :lol: I swear, that gesture might have unsettled Peschke and Benesova more than any shot.

I feel for the Czech team, and wish Safarova with all her talent could have a breakthrough moment in her career already! But that was a Choke Republic loss if I ever saw one.

Get ready, Italy. :armed::lol::wavey:

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
so much for saying that USA has only Williams sisters in tennis

congrats USA I really wasn't expecting this one

1 - 20 of 33 Posts