Tennis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
She will hit clay courts not match fit again. Last time it ended with pulling a muscle for the very first time.

Being shaken and full of doubts won't help either.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Doesn't have much sense playing in the mental state she is now. Until she fixes that everything will be useless.

·
Registered
793 Posts
No surprise about withdrawl, it was obvious she was still injured in Indian Wells (holding an ice pack in the press conference)

Hopefully she forms a good team in this time and is back to playing soon. No point in playing if shes just going to play injured in a round 1 match against a good player and lose

·
-Team Yastremska-
3,203 Posts
Yeah, it can be more related to the coach issue than the injury. Still fair and square.
Injury or not, coach or not; I can not see her to survive the r1 right now anywhere.
Not like I'm that positive about her clay season: those tournaments will be packed and stacked :eek: also expect a downhill in rankings before the grass season.

Time to visit and post more about those artgalleries :spit:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
It's very difficult not to bring up the R word at this point but I'm not going to, not yet. I still feel and hope that she's just trying to go a different way here and really give it a shot once more with a different approach in mind and a different coach. I really hope that's the case.

PS: I really hope she enters Charleston or some other smaller tournament just to get some wins under her belt and then go into the big ones having won a couple of matches. This part of the season is crucial for her.
I was thinking the same thing. Play Charleston and some smaller clay tournaments. Hell she even one Strasbourg before. The forearm is a nagging injury and the coaching ordeal needs to be sorted out ASAP. Otherwise she will just flutter around these tournaments picking a win or loss up here or there. That’s just not good enough for s player like Maria is

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
For me, there are way too many question marks to comment properly on this but when she goes quiet on social media it normally isn't a good sign.

Let's just hope there is some sign of her on a tennis court somewhere soon. I just hope when she comes back that she is fit with a reasonable training block behind her. I don't want to see her do what she did at Indian Wells again. She never would have dreamed of doing that before.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
For me, there are way too many question marks to comment properly on this but when she goes quiet on social media it normally isn't a good sign.

Let's just hope there is some sign of her on a tennis court somewhere soon. I just hope when she comes back that she is fit with a reasonable training block behind her. I don't want to see her do what she did at Indian Wells again. She never would have dreamed of doing that before.
I think she played IW because of sponsors. She did ads for head, Porsche .

At that point w/o without playing would would have been a farce.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Doesn't have much sense playing in the mental state she is now. Until she fixes that everything will be useless.
Perhaps a visit to another museum might clear her mind.
I'm on the phone on the app so I can't post emoticons but the crying one would be apt. I'm also sure that is exactly what will happen on the weekend. That or a visit to scamming NY. She's almost a meme right now.

The day she will post something that is not old, or useless art shit, or looking at pictures on a book it will be a day I will rejoice.

·
Registered
613 Posts

To be honest, the more I think about this, the less I think we will hear good news in the near future. I think she is going to have to have surgery. The injury has been bothering her for too long. Rest doesn't seem to help. The only option is to go under the knife. She was probably trying to avoid having to do that, but if it has to be done it has to be done. I would not be shocked to hear something very soon. This would probably end her season too. Either that or retirement is imminent.

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Time to visit and post more about those artgalleries :spit:
Perhaps a visit to another museum might clear her mind.
What's wrong with you both (and some others here) and your bullshit comments about Maria's love for art. How long have you been her fans to act as if she never, all those past years, posted pics of her visiting museums and art galleries or sharing with her fans some art pieces she loves? I'm tired of all this nonsense.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
What's wrong with you both (and some others here) and your bullshit comments about Maria's love for art. How long have you been her fans to act as if she never, all those past years, posted pics of her visiting museums and art galleries or sharing with her fans some art pieces she loves? I'm tired of all this nonsense.
I think the criticism is warranted though. Many of us LOVE her foremost as a tennis player, and seeing her posting so much "art connaissance" while she's still an active player is kinda rubbing that kind of fans in the wrong way. It could be a non-sense, but stil... :lol:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You guys are so depressing, my god.

Wish Maria would be a bit more open about her injury, that would help to put most of the speculations to bed.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
You guys are so depressing, my god.

Wish Maria would be a bit more open about her injury, that would help to put most of the speculations to bed.
I think it's better if she doesn't disclose anything. If she still has that injury, it's clear at this point is chronic. Which is not good.

The other day she said she was fine despite having a ice bag on her wrist. I mean...
There are products for the protection of tendons and cartilage. I'm a bit baffled that she keeps having this problem.

221 - 240 of 253 Posts