201 - 220 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Re: US Spring Swing: #IStandWithMaria

At least Osaka has more than backed up the win. Slightly comforting that she didn't lose to a complete randomer.
Fair enough, but on the other hand, just shows how not much she needs to rise up in the rankings.

One decent training block. FFS. :tears: :tears:

·
Registered
566 Posts
The Miami draw is to be announced 3-18, and nothing posted about practice or a new coach.
She didn’t post much after Doha leading up to Indian Wells but she was there competing. However I haven’t seen her play a tournament coach-less though. She arrived at USO 2013 with her father but she then withdrew and called it the year and afterwards Sven came on board.

·
-Team Yastremska-
3,203 Posts

Good decision. It was pointless to play this IW/Miami :shrug:

... :lol: and sorry, but I knew so much this topic will be another fail-thread after these introductions :haha:

·
Registered
14,532 Posts

I agree that this is a good decision. She needs a good training block, there is no point playing until she is 100%. It is tough because she also needs matches, but I think for now, it seems like matches aren't cutting it, so train for a bit, then come back in better condition.

·
Registered
613 Posts

I fail to see why this latest withdrawal is a good omen. It's time to really worry about her physical health at the moment. This is a person that was dealing with multiple injuries before she was banned, has not played for a year and a half, and is still not healthy after she came back from the ban. It's not hard to put together that maybe her body just cannot handle the rigors of the game anymore. Unfortunately I think her retirement is imminent. It's only a matter of time before she comes to that realization, if she has not already done so.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts

Her first 12 months of comeback ended up with 3 consecutive losses and a ranking around No.40. Should have fired Sven some weeks earlier so she could regroup in 1 or 2 US tournaments.

Not sure what another month without competition will do to her. Playing only 2 matches in 3 months isn't typically the life of a tennis player.

And her Stuttgart draw could be tough.

·
Registered
961 Posts

Playing in Miami was pointless since she's injured and coachless, but still it's very very worrisome that her body is not able to keep up with the life of a tennis player.
Playing one tournament, (which means one match in her case), and then having a two months off is bad for her too, she needs matches and she needs a rhytm. She can't build anything if she's constantly bothered by injuries.

Now, she has a plenty of time to regroup, form a new team, find a coach and make some smart decisions before clay. Clay is demanding for body too, smart schedule would be appreciated.

Overall, she was right when she wanted to retire in 2017. Her body is just not ready to be a full time player anymore.
I have no doubts in her spirit but unfortunately injuries don't let her do her job.

Wysłane z mojego F3211 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
12,434 Posts
It's worrisome that she's constantly injured but she was this way before. Hopefully whatever coach she ends up with can make some technical adjustments to try and lessen the strain on the forearm.

If she's healthy by thee time the clay swing starts she should honestly just sack useless Madrid off and play Stuttgart, Prague, Rome.

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Let's hope she can come back strong and healthy for the clay season.
I'm curious who her new coach will be.

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
It's very difficult not to bring up the R word at this point but I'm not going to, not yet. I still feel and hope that she's just trying to go a different way here and really give it a shot once more with a different approach in mind and a different coach. I really hope that's the case.

PS: I really hope she enters Charleston or some other smaller tournament just to get some wins under her belt and then go into the big ones having won a couple of matches. This part of the season is crucial for her.

201 - 220 of 253 Posts