Tennis Forum banner

13321 - 13340 of 13450 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Tbh , from what I`ve read I assumed you to be sophisticated enough as a poster to know how to estimate my comment.
Anyway, the most remarkable thing to me about his speech is that Schwarzenegger still seems to confuse reality with the easy-structured, martial and sentimental world of the movies he was acting in. Being a decent guy does not mean that you can`t be an ignorant. In combination it can make it even a lot worse in the end.
Leading further to the probably more relevant question what it tells about Hollywood and the mental state of the country that such a limited and simple-minded personality, similar to Reagan, was in the situation to become a famous actor and even politician. Btw. independent on the different background this could be similarly argued with Trump and most of the other previous presidents.
The actual danger to me is how seemingly careless/blind US society as a whole seems to deal with the actual crisis accompanied by a miserable staging in the medias. It looks like the whole country is running with open eyes into the abyss while once again very likely people in other parts of the world will have to pay the main price for that.
I can't make out the actual substance of your critique of Schwarzenegger here. I'm just pointing out that the claim that he's "the most undignified and embarrassing German speaking export in history" is obviously ridiculously hyperbolic regardless of your disagreements or differences with him.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,775 Posts
I’m legit afraid he’ll start another insurrection. They should’ve kept him contained somewhere.
FBI stated that domestic terrorists are looking at 20 years in federal prison.Why would anyone want to give up their freedom for the deranged and delusional con-man soon to be powerless ex-president?

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
That's not at all surprising, the main takeaway for the Republicans is that he wouldn't be able to run in 2024. He strong-armed them in 2016 when he threatened to run as an independent if he weren't allowed to run for the nomination. He could do the same in 2024 and most of them would find themselves embracing him again. There's an easy way to avoid that, impeach now. The fact that he deserves it is a forgone conclusion.

·
Registered
20,117 Posts

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
Liz Cheney will vote to impeach the deranged and delusional con-man
Allegedly a lot of those in the Senate who don't have the guts to vote to impeach (but want him impeached) will sit out the vote, maybe they'll all conveniently start to cough cough the day before. Their absence won't count towards the vote total and the Dems will have an easier time getting 2/3 of the vote

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Liz Cheney will vote to impeach the deranged and delusional con-man
Yes seems John Katko (NY24) started the ball rolling an hour ago becoming the first GOP congressman saying he would vote to impeach.

Though if you are GOP congressman representing a district won by Hillary and Joe you probably aren't too Trumpy to start with.....

Liz is more significant though. And more interesting....

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Adam Kinzinger has also now signed up - which is hardly a surprise since he was being very rude about Trump long before it was fashionable in GOP circles.:p

Question is how many will join them?

·
Registered
Serena! Naomi. Coco. Simona. Iga. Ashleigh.
2,353 Posts
FBI stated that domestic terrorists are looking at 20 years in federal prison.Why would anyone want to give up their freedom for the deranged and delusional con-man soon to be powerless ex-president?
Lindsey blows whichever way the wind goes. He denounced Trump before he became president, sucked up to him for four years, said he’d had enough last week, and then flies off with him this week. 🤷‍♀️

I think the only Republican who has consistently spoken out against Trump is Romney, but we need more Republicans to do the right thing. Don’t know if we can count on that, though. Some of them are indoctrinated in Trumpism, and many are cowards afraid to anger the Trumplicans. I felt so bad for Pence last week when I saw and heard that lynch mob calling his name, but this week I’m disappointed and angry that he’s another coward who won’t take action to help.

·
Registered
33,027 Posts
You did. But that rort called the Electoral College meant that the presidency was stolen from her.
Sigh, it wasn't stolen. The EC is the way the US government currently works, whether you like it or not, those are the rules. At that point it worked for Trump, this time it worked for Biden. Nobody gets to throw it out because they didn't like the result.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Sigh, it wasn't stolen. The EC is the way the US government currently works, whether you like it or not, those are the rules. At that point it worked for Trump, this time it worked for Biden. Nobody gets to throw it out because they didn't like the result.
Sorry that you couldn't see the tongue in my cheek when I wrote that. :cry: All joking aside, the Electoral College is a relic of the 18th century, when 99% of the American population lived in villages of 50 or 100 people. It has been irrelevant to its designed purpose since around 1860 or so, when the rural and urban populations of the USA became equal in numbers, and its removal is at least 150 years overdue.

·
Registered
Serena! Naomi. Coco. Simona. Iga. Ashleigh.
2,353 Posts
You did. But that rort called the Electoral College meant that the presidency was stolen from her.
I think the electoral college system should be abolished. Let the popular vote decide our elections.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
There were only 2 elections where the winner of the popular vote lost on electoral college, Al Gore X Bush and Clinton X Trump. It's not that it worked for Biden as if it helped Biden in any way. The Kiwi's comment was correct, the people didn't choose Trump. He won because the system doesn't represent the will of the people. Stolen is something that people associate with fraud and cheating, but it doesn't necessarily means this. Sometimes can be about, in that sense, something that should happen but for whatever reason didn't.

Either way, having EC nowadays is a joke and is not something very democratic. It's not about liking the result, but Yankees should get rid of it, and I bet most of them agree with me. The supposed greatest democracy in the world (now that's another joke) is really not all that democratic deep down.

13321 - 13340 of 13450 Posts