Tennis Forum banner

10161 - 10180 of 10314 Posts

·
7,789 Posts
Trump pulls crowds like that televangelist guy who was praying away corona. I guess his ability to hypnotize people is similar too. An interesting act for the observer.
There is no such thing as a reasonable or logical Trump voter. It is a fallacy.

I have yet to hear one Trump supporter explain why they support Trump without spouting lies and propaganda or without revealing their hypocrisy, sexism or racism. On top of that, a good portion of Trump voters don't even know why they support Trump. That's the power of a conman who can promise you the world but will rob you blind.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
So, it turns out that Trump wasn't the first President to refuse to debate. Nixon did it in 1968 and he and Humphrey ended up having dueling broadcasts on ABC and NBC. Sound familiar? Yup, Trump once again copies Nixon...

... and who produced that broadcast for Nixon? Roger Ailes... yes, that Roger Ailes, of Fox infamy.

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Republican senator from Georgia openly mocks the pronunciation of Kamala Harris...

... hopefully this jackass gets voted out.

Reactions: wta_zuperfann

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
35,810 Posts
Republican senator from Georgia openly mocks the pronunciation of Kamala Harris...

... hopefully this jackass gets voted out.
When your last name is a brand of chicken, you need to consider the situation extremely carefully before mocking anyone else's name. Just sayin'.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,575 Posts

·
Registered
38,730 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
There is no such thing as a reasonable or logical Trump voter. It is a fallacy.

I have yet to hear one Trump supporter explain why they support Trump without spouting lies and propaganda or without revealing their hypocrisy, sexism or racism. On top of that, a good portion of Trump voters don't even know why they support Trump. That's the power of a conman who can promise you the world but will rob you blind.
OK I’ll answer the challenge you’ve posed that you can not understand why one would support Pres Trump. I offer the following reasons why I’m an ardent supporter of the President.

First of all think about this: considering his age and wealth why would anyone in his position even contemplate running for the Presidency? As a personal aside I’m eleven months older than the President and you can tell from the postings I’ve contributed on these pages, that I follow politics intensely and have done so since I was eleven years. In my case I know instinctively, that if I were as wealthy and had achieved in my personal life as much as he had the last thing I would consider is running for the Presidency. Hell I don’t even do any voluntary campaign work as I use to do when I was younger. So with Trump being 69 years of age nearing the end of one’s life, one would think that his paramount consideration would be to enjoy life to the fullest for the remaining years he has left in this world.

However Donald Trump saw that there was several problems in the United States which were not being dealt with, and he believed that he had solutions. And so he left his comfort zone in living the life of leisure, to truly serve the country and run for the Presidency. It was an act of real sacrifice seldom discerned in any politicians. And because of his wealth he was not beholden to any lobbyist to pursue a course that might be inimical to the country. That rationale alone I can’t admire enough. During the campaign in 2016 he laid out plans of how he would govern. Unlike most politicians, he has either achieved them or at least did his best to achieve them considering the constraints on his power as President.

One of them was to build the wall between the Mexican border. Trump was relying on Congressional approval to build the wall, via a law passed in 2006 with Obama, Clinton, Schumer and Pelosi amongst the Dems supporting the legislation. But of course because Trump is President those Dems now seem to be against the idea even considering the wall as immoral. In fact the Dems are in favor of illegal immigrants and even want them to receive free health care. Some Dems would want to do away with ICE and immigration laws altogether. Some cities and even states led by Dem Mayors or governors have declared their cities and states as sanctuary cities or sanctuary states wherein they would not co-operate with the federal government in reporting them for eventual deportation. I believe Dems do not want to deport any illegal immigrant even those that have committed crimes here in this country. Pres Trump does want to deport illegal immigrants but is willing to compromise on that point.

Trump’s greatest success as President to my mind has been his foreign policy. Case I: NATO. This organization’s main purpose was to pose a realistic military presence to deter Russian aggression in expanding territory in Europe. It stands to reason that a permanent standing military force in Europe is quite a deterrent. To this end the member states have agreed to spend at least 2% of their GDP on their military. When Trump took office only five (which includes US) member states had met the 2% threshold with the US at 3.42% being the largest contributor. Pres Trump saw the situation as intolerable. To state the obvious, the United States can tolerate a Russian hegemony in Europe, but the European countries would not like to be ruled by Russians. Or to put it vulgarly the US has little if any skin in the game whereas the European countries existence is almost dependant on NATO. So Pres Trump threatened to pull out of the Organization unless...At the end of last year there were now nine states that are honoring their treaty commitments and there is every reason to suppose the rest will join in if Trump is re-elected. Of course if Biden wins all bets are off. It will be back to “normal” which seems like one of his election slogans. Probably “normal” under a Biden Presidency will be that the United States will be the only member state to prop up NATO

Case II: The capital of Israel. In 1995 by a wide bi partisan support, certainly in substantial excess of veto proof margins, Congress passed the law to compel US to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and move the embassy there within five years. However, there was an out for Pres Clinton and subsequent Presidents to place waivers on implementation of the bill every six months. Accordingly, Pres Clinton, Bush and Obama routinely executed the waivers every six months. Even Pres Trump signed the waiver when first it was presented to him, but after that he refused to sign the waiver, and the embassy was moved to Jerusalem within months not five years.

The thing I really love about Pres Trump in that he is a problem solver and gets problems resolved. To indicate why the move of the embassy is so important is to review the background. At this point in time almost all Arab states are de facto resigned to the existence of Israel so that peace really revolves around the Palestinians within Israel and in the separated part of Gaza. The Palestinians are led by the PLO (Palestinian Liberation Organization) whose main goal is to eliminate Israel and wipe the state from the map. They will not renounce such goal, so logically it is impossible to achieve a peace accord given such recalcitrance.

Now the Palestinians look to Jerusalem as theirs, so this move by the United States to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital is an unmistakable signal that Israel is the main ally of the United States in the region. That should sink in to the PLO that their desire to wipe Israel off the map is just pipe dream. They might even believe that perhaps a peace accord with Israel is after all in their best interests. Along these lines, with the peace accords Trump brokered between the UAE and Bahrain with Israel gives real hope that significant progress has been made to finally end strife in the Middle East. An important feature of the aftermath of these treaties is the fact that the Palestinians were unable to entice the Arab League to renounce or condemn these treaties.

Case III: North Korea. It is acknowledged that Pres Obama during the transition advised Trump that North Korea was the biggest foreign policy headache. Again in problem solving Pres Trump took the carrot and stick approach. The stick was to make public pronouncements aimed directly at Kim Jong-un, the North Korean dictator that the United States military arsenal is sufficient to wipe North Korea off the face of the earth. And Pres Trump’s bellicose statements were not only factually correct but made it clear that Pres Trump would have no compunction to use such force. The carrot was the Trump’s suggestion to Kim Jong-un that North Korea could benefit mightily by co-operating with their neighbor (i.e. South Korea) and by denuclearizing.

The first meeting with Pres Trump and Kim was in Singapore, a significant choice venue. The point is when Kim’s family started their dynasty rule over North Korea, Singapore was in about the same economic stress as North Korea. But the economic comparison nowadays between the two states had to be startling enough to give pause to the North Korean dictator to search an alternative path for his nation. In any case North Korea did return the remains of American soldiers in their possession as a result of the conflict ofn the 1950s. Three American citizens imprisoned by North Korea were freed and returned to the US, but unfortunately one of them Otto Warmbier died from the brutal torture he had endured. Finally the leaders of North and South Korea made bold pledges in April 2018 to work toward a “common goal” of denuclearizing their peninsula and formally ending the Korean War, following a historic day of talks on the border. To be sure there have been bumps on the road to achieve such serendipity, but it can be safely said that North Korea has not been a headache during the Trump administration.

I think that is enough for you to chew on. I haven’t even touched the domestic agenda Pres Trump has followed which I can’t admire enough. Perhaps I’ll expound on that in a future posting. However I do want to leave one final thought for now. Bearing in mind your chastisement of my referring to posters who are critical of Pres Trump as “Trump haters” I heed your stricture. So henceforth I shall refer to all those who post negative thoughts about the President, “as my friends”. After all we do have this in common: we all love to watch women’s tennis.

So my friends I really do understand your anathema towards Pres Trump. Why even Newt Gingrich, the former Speaker of the House and one of Pres Trump’s staunchest supporters shudders at some of the things Pres Trump articulates. However I want to point out that we ought not elect saints to be Presidents, as they really make for piss poor Presidents. For example Pres Carter could be for our purposes labeled as a saint. But during his last year as President, Iran orchestrated a “students rebellion” and captured our embassy in Teheran and held all personnel hostage. I believe the Iranian govt leaders intended only to allow this event to last only a few days, but they soon realized there would be no untoward consequence for them to prolong the crisis. Humiliating the United States was too delicious to ignore.

So Carter’s administration desperately negotiated with Iran throughout the year to no avail as Iran would endlessly add conditions to ensure the release of the American embassy workers. But then just two hours before Ronald Regan was inaugurated as the 40th Presidents why Iran ended the crisis releasing the hostages without any conditions. The Iranians were cognizant that Regan was no saint and dire consequences would be otherwise in store for them.

·
Banned
295 Posts
As long as that is, none of it makes sense to re-elect a guy who at 70 years old mocks "the elderly". He doesn't even think he's one which invalidates your first point.

If you think we need a wall then go to Mexico and load up your car and come on back. Easy-peasy right? It ain't about a wall, it's about corruption. If you think Trump is a corruption buster, sadly you've wasted your life.

And I don't give a fuck about foreign policy right now with this country in the condition it's in. Also, I don't see how a race war is gonna help this country unless you believe blacks need to be wiped out.

And even if we were to be, many innocent whites will be affected and this is what your logic hopes for?

Lastly, since you're older than Trump...why don't YOU just enjoy what's left and stop trying to impose on younger generations?

Which means everything you wrote is contradictory and doesn't make a lick of sense and it doesn't surprise me.

And speaking of age, that's the biggest problem with this country and politics. If 68 is retirement age, then Ruth, Trump, and countless others would never put us in these quanderies in the first place.

Sure let em drive, but they shouldn't be making decisions the rest of the population have to live with for generations to come.

Another thing that needs to be fixed. Along with their "voting" supreme court "judges".

Lifetime at that. This country is ancient as fuck really. All these old white mufuggas think just like John wayne...

·
Registered
37,951 Posts
Trump’s greatest success as President to my mind has been his foreign policy.
Dude, he's single-handedly made the United States the laughing stock of the world.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I have thoughts on it, but do I wanna type like that other guy? Nope

I just hope their reasons are not what they typed on twitter.
Can you respect the hustle if they just want to put bread on the table? I bet it pays well being a black Trump supporter.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I'll type this tho...Ice cube just got alot of backlash for accepting Trump's support seemingly for a 500 billion investment ...and they fight about 500 million...can't even get the number right and the scope of it correct...and say they're disappointed in him and all this shit. He answers "our interests are bipartisan", Dems said wait after the election while Trumps people said let's do it", and they still cry. Even 4 years ago on this board, I said we needed to do shit like this and got the same amount of backlash he's gettin right now.

I always said it's my own people that bug me the most.

I should note here that one of the founders of BLM just accepted something similar, but with Disney+ or something.

In hollywood. I bet all those black women calling Ice cube out for an investment in the "community"...a word alot of black women can't even say now because it's all " for black women"...aren't saying shit about the chick that started BLM is contracting in the hollywood propaganda and the dreck they're feeding to the population.

Go figure.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Breaking news:

A big bag of eels was found in a Brooklyn park...updates will be presented on the surrounding damage to the ecosystem as they develope.

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
meep

10161 - 10180 of 10314 Posts