Tennis Forum banner

8281 - 8300 of 8488 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,205 Posts

Conservative Federalist Society co-founder Stephen Calabresi said that President Trump’s tweet suggesting to postpone the election is “fascistic” and “grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment.”

“Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist,” Calabresi wrote in an op-ed for the New York Times. “But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.”

·
Premium Member
10,205 Posts
tRUMP is engaging in US Postal Service "cost cutting measures" that are reducing services which will delay or discourage voting. I understand he has also cut back on census taking in order to reduce proper representation in largely Democrat areas. Let's hope the Democratic party will reverse its many years of passivity in all this and take measures to insure proper representation and full participatory voting.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Kentucky town hires social workers instead of more officers - and the results are surprising | Wave 3 News

Faced with a tight budget and rising demands on its 17 officer police department, the City of Alexandria in Campbell County tried something different. Instead of hiring an additional officer and taking on the added expenses of equipping that officer, the police chief at the time hired a social worker to respond in tandem with officers.
After four years on the job, Pompilio said there has been a significant drop in repeat 911 calls with approximately 15 percent fewer people going to jail.
“It was close to a $45,000 to $50,000 annual savings from hiring a police officer the first time to hiring a social worker,” Ward said. “They (police social workers) started solving problems for people in our community and for our agency that we’ve never been able to solve before.”

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
She may be a qualified physician, but also among those are crazy liers who cannot look at the facts!!!! She disqualifies from every scientific discussion by the claims she makes who are simply FALSE!!!!!
In the viral video conference Dr Stella Immanuel claimed that she had treated 350 covid-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine and they all were cured. She is smugly denounced here on these pages because apparently she has some kooky ideas. Obviously supporting Pres Trump is deemed as one of those questionable ideas. But does harboring such bizarre beliefs prove that she is lying? Has anyone in the MSM checked her records to determine if she is lying? About her career are there any indications that she was been subject to malpractice suits? Has she been in trouble state licensing boards? I submit those are the more relevant questions to ask to determine the validity of her claims.

Incidentally, there were at least five other doctors present in the video as members of America’s Frontline Doctors, a group promoting the use of hydroxychloroquine to fight covd-19. Are they liars? Apparently, Facebook, Twitter and Google think so as they have banned the video from further viewing. I wasn’t aware up until now, that Big Tech is the sole authoritative arbiter of what is true medical information as opposed to false medical information that is too dangerous to disseminate amongst the general populace. My God! Are we reverting back to the 16th century where Galileo had to recant his scientific beliefs before the Inquisition? An example of the French proverb “plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose”.

As if the censoring of that viral video was not chilling enough, one of the doctors, Dr Simone Gold, an emergency room physician with twenty years experience was dismissed from her position, ostensibly for appearing in that video. I suggest that such actions will have deleterious consequences for future medical research. Politics should never be a roadblock to advancement of medical science. And from what I can decipher the hatred for Pres Trump by the Dems and MSM is the only rationale explanation for the opposition use of hydroxychloroquine.

Since I am old and have high BP, I’m in the high risk category for covid-19. So I naturally pay quite close attention to all the news. In particularly I have watched lots of the daily pressers that Pres Trump had held for sometime from April to June. You can tell from the reporting done by the MSM reporters that they were bored with the topic. They were only interested in trying to concoct a “gotchu” moment that they could denigrate the President with. It is so bad that when the Dems and the MSM routinely assert that Pres Trump has mishandled this crisis they can’t come up with demonstrably evidence to back this bald assertion. A quintessential example occurred late afternoon, Thursday (07/30) wherein Pres Trump did a short presser giving an update on the pandemic. After delivering his twenty minutes or so remarks he fielded some questions. No reporter asked a question regarding the status of the disease. Instead they were content to delve on the non story that Pres Trump seemed to be in favor of postponing the election.

In watching these past various covid-19 pressers, Fox News and some other news outlets, the following are the facts about hydroxychloroquine as I understand them. Hydroxychloroquine is a drug approved for use and is effective against malaria and lupus. I believe doctors understand the properties of the drug and how it is effective against these diseases. That knowledge suggests that hydroxychloroquine may be effective in combating covd-19 from what is known about the virus. Malaria is not at all prevalent in the United States and there are about 1.5 million sufferers of lupus out of a population of 330 million. However in countries where malaria is a scourge and use of hydroxychloroquine is ubiquitous, the incidence of covid-19 is significantly much lower per capita than in the United States and in Europe. And this despite the fact that the medical facilities in those countries are undoubtedly not as advanced in combating the virus as in the more advanced nations.

The CDC has allowed doctors to prescribe hydroxychloroquine even though there have been no definitive conclusion that proves that hydroxychloroquine does cure covid-19. The point is that this drug has been in use for sixty years plus and is completely safe. Charges that use of hydroxychloroquine can be fatal are disingenuous in my layman’s opinion. Every approved drug has side effects. Hell you can actually die from overdosing on even say Tylenol.

Incidentally I have a personal anecdote bearing on this issue I’d like to share. A few years ago I was hospitalized because I had blood clots in my lungs and legs. For treatment my doctor would be prescribing a blood thinner, to wit Xarelto. In the first full day I was so incapacitated that I was immobile and just watched television. My go to television station was Fox News. As I watched, during each and every hour, there were at least two to four commercials from a Texas lawyer or law firm suggesting that if you have been prescribed Xarelto, a drug known to have serious side effects including death, and you have suffered such serious side effects including death just call the toll free number for a free consultation as a first step in suing the drug company. Presumably if death was the side effect suffered then an heir would do. Understandably, I was somewhat alarmed, but my doctor was able to calm me down. He reassured me that it was just a commercial from an ambulance chaser and that Xarelto is certainly safe. He further advised that there has been no successful lawsuit against the drug. For the past three years I haven’t seen that commercial again.

Getting back to the question of hydroxychloroquine. In the aftermath of Pres Trump’s initial alert that this drug may be beneficial caused a run on the drug in April. Some lupus sufferers as a result were deprived of receiving this drug to combat their pain and discomfort. To my mind this is the only legitimate objection to Pres Trumps announced approbation of the use of this drug. However, there has been a quick ramp up of production of the drug, such that anyone in the United States who wants or needs hydroxychloroquine will be able to obtain same. In any case, this fact surely illustrates the falseness of the canard that it is settled science that use of this drug is fatal. To state the obvious you can not pick up this drug over the counter like Tylenol. You have to have a prescription and it stands to reason your doctor will only prescribe this drug to you if he/she sincerely believes the drug will be beneficial for you. I have a hard time to see the other side of the coin on this matter.

In fact I have every confidence in asserting that any doctor prescribing hydroxychloroquine is doing so without any consideration or regard of Pres Trump’s opinion. It goes without saying that Pres Trump does not have a medical degree nor is he a physician. So when he suggested that hydroxychloroquine may be beneficial in treating covid-19 it was based on medical advice he had received from some of the top physicians in the nation. And there has been lots of anecdotal evidence to support the possibility that hydroxychloroquine nd there have been even some legitimate studies that suggest the efficacy of this drug. One just concluded was by the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. Their conclusion stated by Steven Kalkanis, CEO of the Henry Ford Medical Group: “As doctors and scientists, we look to the data for insight. And the data here is clear that there was a benefit to using the drug as a treatment for sick, hospitalized patients.” Furthermore the study, published in the International Society of Infectious Disease, found patients did not suffer heart-related side effects from the drug. Incidentally, I have a personal affinity for this hospital. My wife, a retired RN, was working at this very hospital when we first met; so ergo the study must be right!

One anecdotal evidence comes from Dr Marc Segal, the go to medical advisor for Fox News. Not only is Dr Segal a physician, but he is an associate professor of Medicine at the NYU Langone Medical Center. He has written several books including two on pandemics. Now he does admit there is no established evidence that hydroxychloroquine actually unequivocally works in treating covid-19. Nevertheless he advised that his own father 95 years old, who was suffering from covid-19 and expected to perish miraculously recovered after his doctor administered hydroxychloroquine.

A most embarrassing anecdotal evidence to the Dems that hydroxychloroquine works is the case of Karen Whitsett. She’s a black woman who is a Democrat Party state legislator in the Michigan House representing the city of Detroit. She contracted covid-19 back in March/April. Having heard of Pres Trump’s suggestion that the use of hydroxychloroquine might produce a beneficial outcome in the treatment of the virus agreed with her doctor to try the drug as a last ditch effort to survive. She did take the drug and she survived. She was so grateful for having a second chance at life that she publicly praised Pres Trump. Pres Trump and VP Pence in return were naturally pleased with such approbation by no less a Dem politician, gave her a tour of the White House.

Such unorthodoxy did not sit well with Gov Whitmer and the Democratic Party. Ms Whitsett will actually face three opponents in next Tuesday’s primary election (08/04/20). Normally in an election that is so under public radar, an incumbent legislator would be a shoo in for his/her party’s nomination. But Ms Whitsett does not have the Governor’s backing, and ergo her political career might be doomed.

Finally another personal anecdote. My two daughters are in the Navy, and one of them is a certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) and works at Balboa Hospital, the Navy medical center in San Diego. I’m naturally extremely proud of her but she does have a flaw. She detests Pres Trump with the same passion that some of you posters display in lurking throughout this thread. Well I guess no one is perfect, and needless to say we have some rather robust debates. In any case I asked her for her opinion of hydroxychloroquine. She replied that efficacy of the drug is unproven and benefits are only anecdotal, but she suggested that remdesivir is a much more effective drug. So I asked if I were to be stricken with covid-19 and my doctor wanted me to try hydroxychloroquine what then. She replied sure go ahead, if you’re in dire conditions what have you got to lose.

To my way of thinking my daughter’s advice seems to be common sense and there really should not be any controversy in the usage of hydroxychloroquine.

·
Registered
33,008 Posts
this thread still as toxic as the state of American politics :D
Its still toxic because of racist who will go to their death doing everything they can to ensure racism stays alive and we all know who they are.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
wall of text
There are already several rigorous studies that say hq has no benefits in C19 treatment and for some cases is quite dangerous. These studies come from different countries. Anecdotal evidence is not the way to go on stuff like health care.
And the sad thing is this hq thing is still a thing only because there's an important moron that inserted himself into a scientific process because he needed some miracle cure.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are already several rigorous studies that say hq has no benefits in C19 treatment and for some cases is quite dangerous. These studies come from different countries. Anecdotal evidence is not the way to go on stuff like health care.
And the sad thing is this hq thing is still a thing only because there's an important moron that inserted himself into a scientific process because he needed some miracle cure.
If the use of hydroxychloroquine is as bad as you imply the CDC would prohibit doctors from prescribing it.

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
In the viral video conference Dr Stella Immanuel claimed that she had treated 350 covid-19 patients with hydroxychloroquine and they all were cured. She is smugly denounced here on these pages because apparently she has some kooky ideas. Obviously supporting Pres Trump is deemed as one of those questionable ideas. But does harboring such bizarre beliefs prove that she is lying? Has anyone in the MSM checked her records to determine if she is lying? About her career are there any indications that she was been subject to malpractice suits? Has she been in trouble state licensing boards? I submit those are the more relevant questions to ask to determine the validity of her claims.

Incidentally, there were at least five other doctors present in the video as members of America’s Frontline Doctors, a group promoting the use of hydroxychloroquine to fight covd-19. Are they liars? Apparently, Facebook, Twitter and Google think so as they have banned the video from further viewing. I wasn’t aware up until now, that Big Tech is the sole authoritative arbiter of what is true medical information as opposed to false medical information that is too dangerous to disseminate amongst the general populace. My God! Are we reverting back to the 16th century where Galileo had to recant his scientific beliefs before the Inquisition? An example of the French proverb “plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose”.

As if the censoring of that viral video was not chilling enough, one of the doctors, Dr Simone Gold, an emergency room physician with twenty years experience was dismissed from her position, ostensibly for appearing in that video. I suggest that such actions will have deleterious consequences for future medical research. Politics should never be a roadblock to advancement of medical science. And from what I can decipher the hatred for Pres Trump by the Dems and MSM is the only rationale explanation for the opposition use of hydroxychloroquine.

Since I am old and have high BP, I’m in the high risk category for covid-19. So I naturally pay quite close attention to all the news. In particularly I have watched lots of the daily pressers that Pres Trump had held for sometime from April to June. You can tell from the reporting done by the MSM reporters that they were bored with the topic. They were only interested in trying to concoct a “gotchu” moment that they could denigrate the President with. It is so bad that when the Dems and the MSM routinely assert that Pres Trump has mishandled this crisis they can’t come up with demonstrably evidence to back this bald assertion. A quintessential example occurred late afternoon, Thursday (07/30) wherein Pres Trump did a short presser giving an update on the pandemic. After delivering his twenty minutes or so remarks he fielded some questions. No reporter asked a question regarding the status of the disease. Instead they were content to delve on the non story that Pres Trump seemed to be in favor of postponing the election.

In watching these past various covid-19 pressers, Fox News and some other news outlets, the following are the facts about hydroxychloroquine as I understand them. Hydroxychloroquine is a drug approved for use and is effective against malaria and lupus. I believe doctors understand the properties of the drug and how it is effective against these diseases. That knowledge suggests that hydroxychloroquine may be effective in combating covd-19 from what is known about the virus. Malaria is not at all prevalent in the United States and there are about 1.5 million sufferers of lupus out of a population of 330 million. However in countries where malaria is a scourge and use of hydroxychloroquine is ubiquitous, the incidence of covid-19 is significantly much lower per capita than in the United States and in Europe. And this despite the fact that the medical facilities in those countries are undoubtedly not as advanced in combating the virus as in the more advanced nations.

The CDC has allowed doctors to prescribe hydroxychloroquine even though there have been no definitive conclusion that proves that hydroxychloroquine does cure covid-19. The point is that this drug has been in use for sixty years plus and is completely safe. Charges that use of hydroxychloroquine can be fatal are disingenuous in my layman’s opinion. Every approved drug has side effects. Hell you can actually die from overdosing on even say Tylenol.

Incidentally I have a personal anecdote bearing on this issue I’d like to share. A few years ago I was hospitalized because I had blood clots in my lungs and legs. For treatment my doctor would be prescribing a blood thinner, to wit Xarelto. In the first full day I was so incapacitated that I was immobile and just watched television. My go to television station was Fox News. As I watched, during each and every hour, there were at least two to four commercials from a Texas lawyer or law firm suggesting that if you have been prescribed Xarelto, a drug known to have serious side effects including death, and you have suffered such serious side effects including death just call the toll free number for a free consultation as a first step in suing the drug company. Presumably if death was the side effect suffered then an heir would do. Understandably, I was somewhat alarmed, but my doctor was able to calm me down. He reassured me that it was just a commercial from an ambulance chaser and that Xarelto is certainly safe. He further advised that there has been no successful lawsuit against the drug. For the past three years I haven’t seen that commercial again.

Getting back to the question of hydroxychloroquine. In the aftermath of Pres Trump’s initial alert that this drug may be beneficial caused a run on the drug in April. Some lupus sufferers as a result were deprived of receiving this drug to combat their pain and discomfort. To my mind this is the only legitimate objection to Pres Trumps announced approbation of the use of this drug. However, there has been a quick ramp up of production of the drug, such that anyone in the United States who wants or needs hydroxychloroquine will be able to obtain same. In any case, this fact surely illustrates the falseness of the canard that it is settled science that use of this drug is fatal. To state the obvious you can not pick up this drug over the counter like Tylenol. You have to have a prescription and it stands to reason your doctor will only prescribe this drug to you if he/she sincerely believes the drug will be beneficial for you. I have a hard time to see the other side of the coin on this matter.

In fact I have every confidence in asserting that any doctor prescribing hydroxychloroquine is doing so without any consideration or regard of Pres Trump’s opinion. It goes without saying that Pres Trump does not have a medical degree nor is he a physician. So when he suggested that hydroxychloroquine may be beneficial in treating covid-19 it was based on medical advice he had received from some of the top physicians in the nation. And there has been lots of anecdotal evidence to support the possibility that hydroxychloroquine nd there have been even some legitimate studies that suggest the efficacy of this drug. One just concluded was by the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. Their conclusion stated by Steven Kalkanis, CEO of the Henry Ford Medical Group: “As doctors and scientists, we look to the data for insight. And the data here is clear that there was a benefit to using the drug as a treatment for sick, hospitalized patients.” Furthermore the study, published in the International Society of Infectious Disease, found patients did not suffer heart-related side effects from the drug. Incidentally, I have a personal affinity for this hospital. My wife, a retired RN, was working at this very hospital when we first met; so ergo the study must be right!

One anecdotal evidence comes from Dr Marc Segal, the go to medical advisor for Fox News. Not only is Dr Segal a physician, but he is an associate professor of Medicine at the NYU Langone Medical Center. He has written several books including two on pandemics. Now he does admit there is no established evidence that hydroxychloroquine actually unequivocally works in treating covid-19. Nevertheless he advised that his own father 95 years old, who was suffering from covid-19 and expected to perish miraculously recovered after his doctor administered hydroxychloroquine.

A most embarrassing anecdotal evidence to the Dems that hydroxychloroquine works is the case of Karen Whitsett. She’s a black woman who is a Democrat Party state legislator in the Michigan House representing the city of Detroit. She contracted covid-19 back in March/April. Having heard of Pres Trump’s suggestion that the use of hydroxychloroquine might produce a beneficial outcome in the treatment of the virus agreed with her doctor to try the drug as a last ditch effort to survive. She did take the drug and she survived. She was so grateful for having a second chance at life that she publicly praised Pres Trump. Pres Trump and VP Pence in return were naturally pleased with such approbation by no less a Dem politician, gave her a tour of the White House.

Such unorthodoxy did not sit well with Gov Whitmer and the Democratic Party. Ms Whitsett will actually face three opponents in next Tuesday’s primary election (08/04/20). Normally in an election that is so under public radar, an incumbent legislator would be a shoo in for his/her party’s nomination. But Ms Whitsett does not have the Governor’s backing, and ergo her political career might be doomed.

Finally another personal anecdote. My two daughters are in the Navy, and one of them is a certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) and works at Balboa Hospital, the Navy medical center in San Diego. I’m naturally extremely proud of her but she does have a flaw. She detests Pres Trump with the same passion that some of you posters display in lurking throughout this thread. Well I guess no one is perfect, and needless to say we have some rather robust debates. In any case I asked her for her opinion of hydroxychloroquine. She replied that efficacy of the drug is unproven and benefits are only anecdotal, but she suggested that remdesivir is a much more effective drug. So I asked if I were to be stricken with covid-19 and my doctor wanted me to try hydroxychloroquine what then. She replied sure go ahead, if you’re in dire conditions what have you got to lose.

To my way of thinking my daughter’s advice seems to be common sense and there really should not be any controversy in the usage of hydroxychloroquine.
Thank you. Outstanding post in this hysterical thread. Always enjoy reading you.

Reactions: tkutsaar2020

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
They were only interested in trying to concoct a “gotchu” moment that they could denigrate the President with.
you mean, like your people did for 8 years with Obama? I'm not trying to change your mind about anything, but you should at least acknowledge your own hypocrisy.

I do agree with you that the question of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID shouldn't have been politicized. How hard can it be to take the politics out of it and figure out whether it is actually effective?

·
Registered
37,956 Posts
Thank you for the post.
Just as I would answer: Anectodal evidence is just not worth anything in medical science. Hq as last shot before death occurs maybe do it if there is nothing else left and you stand against the wall already, but otherwise stay away from it as it does not have any proof of working at all!

·
Registered
37,762 Posts

8281 - 8300 of 8488 Posts