Tennis Forum banner

7941 - 7960 of 8047 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Doubt it would move the dial even in normal times - opponents would decry it as highlighting his irresponsibility, Trump's supporters would denounce it as Fake News and the world would move on.In the midst of a pandemic and recession I will be surprised if it even registers.
But I mean earlier this month Trump was suggesting inviting the Russia to the next meeting of the G7 - which even the normally Trump tolerant Boris publicly came out against. Of all the strange things about the Trump Presidency (and there are a few) his desire to cuddle up with Vlad is possibly the most inexplicable.
Not least because there are literally zero votes in it...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I should be shocked but I’m not.

Texas Republicans move forward with plans for an indoor convention in Houston, the state's biggest coronavirus hot spot
Gov. Greg Abbott is allowing limits on outdoor crowds — but not indoor gatherings. His party's convention — with an expected attendance of 6,000 — so far will not require attendees to wear face masks.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,180 Posts
Doubt it would move the dial even in normal times - opponents would decry it as highlighting his irresponsibility, Trump's supporters would denounce it as Fake News and the world would move on.In the midst of a pandemic and recession I will be surprised if it even registers.
But I mean earlier this month Trump was suggesting inviting the Russia to the next meeting of the G7 - which even the normally Trump tolerant Boris publicly came out against. Of all the strange things about the Trump Presidency (and there are a few) his desire to cuddle up with Vlad is possibly the most inexplicable.
Not least because there are literally zero votes in it...
If Putin is assisting Trump in social media and passing on some of his wisdom and skills in election fixing perhaps suggesting there are zero votes in it might not quite be the case. Additionally there is no question Putin is a role model for Trump. It is pretty obvious Trump would love to rule the US with the power and authority that Putin rules Russia. No question, Trump can learn a lot from Putin at being an evil demagogue and he knows it. And finally it is becoming pretty obvious narcissists are drawn to each other. Trump gets along so much better with other narcissists than he does with more down to earth, no-nonsense, more mundane politicians like Angela Merkel or Mette Frederiksen.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
What should've he done? Go to war with Russia? USA already has sanctions on Russia. What more is there to do?

·
Registered
39,878 Posts

Only two US states are reporting a decline in new coronavirus cases

Only two US states are reporting a decline in new coronavirus cases compared to last week -- Connecticut and Rhode Island.

CNN 1 hour ago

New U.S. coronavirus cases break record; Pence cancels campaign events in Arizona, Florida

The U.S. set a new grim record in the number of new coronavirus cases in a single day, with reports of nearly 46000 on Friday. VP Mike Pences postponed ...

NBC News Yesterday

Coronavirus: Florida and Texas reverse reopening as US cases pass 2.5m

Coronavirus infections across the United States have passed 2.5 million, with record numbers of cases reported in the states of Florida and Texas. The surge in ...

BBC News Yesterday

Texas continues to hit record highs in coronavirus infections

CBS Evening News Yesterday

Florida breaks daily coronavirus record with almost 10,000 new cases

Florida has continued its morbid streak of breaking coronavirus records — reporting 9,585 new cases of COVID-19 Saturday, the state's Department of Health ...

New York Post Yesterday
____

7941 - 7960 of 8047 Posts