Tennis Forum banner

7301 - 7320 of 7449 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,933 Posts
Using language like this and you think I am the one who is pompous and arrogant? My, my. You really better get some self awareness going. And yes, I made a serious statement. No one will take you seriously if you think Nelson Mandela is a loser except perhaps for a handful of racist far right loons. That is a fact whether you like it or not.
No. It has nothing to do with racism. Just with results. He put South Africa on decline path, knowingly. He was a smart man, not an arrogant moron like, say, Obama. Mandela knew what he was doing. Mandela knew that decline is inevitable. He saw same happening next door in Zimbabwe that was about to implode at that point. He knew same or about same going to happen in his motherland eventually - because of his actions. And yet he went ahead with that to be a hero among millions of his naive compatriots and hundreds of millions of liberal cattle around the world. He knew very well that this trajectory of moving from right centrist De Klerk to centrist Mandela to leftier centrist Mbeki to even leftier Zuma to the scarecrow of 90s Ramaphosa is inevitable. And more radical Julius Malepa is next, and someone even more extremist is after him, and this Zimbabwe-like path for his country is inevitable because of his actions. And he knew it and he went with that still. And the result is getting clearer and clearer. That's loser to me.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,817 Posts
No. It has nothing to do with racism. Just with results. He put South Africa on decline path, knowingly. He was a smart man, not an arrogant moron like, say, Obama. Mandela knew what he was doing. Mandela knew that decline is inevitable. He saw same happening next door in Zimbabwe that was about to implode at that point. He knew same or about same going to happen in his motherland eventually - because of his actions. And yet he went ahead with that to be a hero among millions of his naive compatriots and hundreds of millions of liberal cattle around the world. He knew very well that this trajectory of moving from right centrist De Klerk to centrist Mandela to leftier centrist Mbeki to even leftier Zuma to the scarecrow of 90s Ramaphosa is inevitable. And more radical Julius Malepa is next, and someone even more extremist is after him, and this Zimbabwe-like path for his country is inevitable because of his actions. And he knew it and he went with that still. And the result is getting clearer and clearer. That's loser to me.
You seemed to have dug yourself a pretty big hole. But it seems you wanted to make it even deeper. You have.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Biden: ‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’
Former Vice President Joe Biden told a popular black radio personality Thursday that he “ain’t black” if he was still weighing whether to support President Donald Trump in November’s general election — provoking outrage from the White House's Republican allies and inducing queasiness among even some Democratic operatives.
The eyebrow-raising remarks from the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee came during an at-times contentious interview on “The Breakfast Club” that aired Friday morning, during which co-host Charlamagne tha God challenged Biden over his decadeslong record on racial issues and current contemplation of a black, female running mate.
“I’m not acknowledging anybody who is being considered, but I guarantee you, there are multiple black women being considered. Multiple,” Biden said of his search process for a vice presidential nominee.

It was then that an aide to the Biden campaign could be heard interjecting into the conversation, attempting to cut short the interview. “Thank you so much. That’s really our time. I apologize,” the aide said.
“You can’t do that to black media!” Charlamagne retored.
“I do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o’clock,” Biden shot back, apparently referring to a subsequent media appearance by Jill Biden, before adding: “Uh oh. I’m in trouble.”
“Listen, you’ve got to come see us when you come to New York, VP Biden,” Charlamagne said. “It’s a long way until November. We’ve got more questions.”
“You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”
Charlamagne explained that “it don’t have nothing to do with Trump, it has to do with the fact [that] I want something for my community.” But Biden remained adamant in promoting what he described as a career of public service devoted to advancing civil rights.
“Take a look at my record, man! I extended the Voting Rights [Act] 25 years. I have a record that is second-to-none,” he said. “The NAACP’s endorsed me every time I’ve run. I mean, come on. Take a look at the record.”
This is the Biden everyone has always known. I'm not even talking about senile Biden here. I'm talking of the guy who has been hopeless for decades seeking the Democratic nomination cos he can't get his foot out of his mouth. This must be the hundredth time I have to state that it's absolutely stunning that any well adjusted, thinking, functional adult has watched this utterly mediocre buffoon and thought "this is Presidential material". "This is electability". Un-fucking-believable!

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
There will never be anything more cringe than the cognitive dissonance displayed by conservatives trying to play the race card and certain pockets of Black intelligentsia falling for it. I look forward to hearing about Van Jones "reconsidering his vote" in the next few days.

It ranks right up there with an off-key chick trying to sing "Don't Stop Believing" at the bar.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Amazing. Biden being a flagrant racist and everyone pretending it didn't happen.

Now you see why he needs to be locked in a basement.

Kamala Harris already tried this one in the primaries. Though to be to be fair her line was more "I’m not saying you’re a racist Joe, but. . . .”

It got her a bump in the polls (from white liberals naturally) - that lasted about three seconds.

Kamala's response to these comments could be, ahem, interesting, and I'm sure it will give people something to be outraged about in their Twitter echo chambers. But in the real world I expect people will be more focused on their missing job and health insurance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Kamala Harris already tried this one in the primaries. Though to be to be fair her line was more "I’m not saying you’re a racist Joe, but. . . .”

It got her a bump in the polls (from white liberals naturally) - that lasted about three seconds.

Kamala's response to these comments could be, ahem, interesting, and I'm sure it will give people something to be outraged about in their Twitter echo chambers. But in the real world I expect people will be more focused on their missing job and health insurance.
And rightly so. But I see the moral standards on the Dem side, whatever they were, evaporating every passing second. Everything is measured relative to Trump. It's really quite insane. You could pretty much get away with anything these days, so long you're not Trump.

Reality is that regardless of how peopel chose to vote in November, Biden has exposed himself as a vicious racist - and that reality needs to be acknowledged and dealt with. The context for these comments is equally important. He was outraged because a black man dared to ask him to come back to his show to answer more questions. He does not think black people should really ask him anything and should just bow down and vote for him. And if not, well, "they ain't black". Incredible.

·
33,817 Posts
And rightly so. But I see the moral standards on the Dem side, whatever they were, evaporating every passing second. Everything is measured relative to Trump. It's really quite insane. You could pretty much get away with anything these days, so long you're not Trump.

Reality is that regardless of how peopel chose to vote in November, Biden has exposed himself as a vicious racist - and that reality needs to be acknowledged and dealt with. The context for these comments is equally important. He was outraged because a black man dared to ask him to come back to his show to answer more questions. He does not think black people should really ask him anything and should just bow down and vote for him. And if not, well, "they ain't black". Incredible.
One of the most delusional statements that has ever been made in the forum. As I write this Trump is still President despite a catalog of actions that would previous have damned anyone else to either the dustbins of history or jail. No one has gotten away with more crass behaviour, bullying, dishonesty, racism, sexism and abuse of power than Trump in US history. That is beyond debate. It is pure fact.

·
Registered
221 Posts
One of the most delusional statements that has ever been made in the forum. As I write this Trump is still President despite a catalog of actions that would previous have damned anyone else to either the dustbins of history or jail. No one has gotten away with more crass behaviour, bullying, dishonesty, racism, sexism and abuse of power than Trump in US history. That is beyond debate. It is pure fact.
ROFL @ the irony here. You just made the point. Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Look at his temperament. He's angry and yelling straight for 20 minutes because you know, how dare black people raise a few questions.

·
Registered
32,921 Posts
Amazing. Biden being a flagrant racist and everyone pretending it didn't happen.

Now you see why he needs to be locked in a basement.
Biden was trying to be Kool but what he said was true not racist.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
33,817 Posts

Look at his temperament. He's angry and yelling straight for 20 minutes because you know, how dare black people raise a few questions.
You are actually being critical about Joe Biden being angry? When you are supporting that combustible train wreck of uncontrolled hostility that is Donald Trump? What is wrong with you? Are you in some sort of alternate universe?

·
Registered
221 Posts
You are actually being critical about Joe Biden being angry? When you are supporting that combustible train wreck of uncontrolled hostility that is Donald Trump? What is wrong with you? Are you in some sort of alternate universe?
You are a despicable liar and a fraud.

Now shoo, you tool, because you obviously are not going to successfully change what's being discussed in my post: Joe Biden's racism and entitlement - though you could also argue his temperament is at least partly due to his cognitive decline.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Black Americans are in an abusive relationship with the Democratic party
Derecka Purnell
An offensive comment by the Democratic presidential candidate is a reminder that black people – all people – deserve better than Joe Biden

Iam very tired of Joe Biden. My vote for him was already hanging by a thread before his disastrous interview with Charlamagne tha God on Friday. Interrupting the Breakfast Club host’s explanation that black people needed assurances that our communities will benefit from his presidency, Biden asserted: “If you’ve got a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t black.”
Again, I am very tired of Joe Biden. Not because I am a purist, or have inflexible ideological commitments of what it will take to remove Donald Trump from office. But rather because Biden’s condescension towards black communities is intolerable.

I want to believe that Biden’s condescension started after the respected senator James Clyburn called the former vice-president an “honorary black man” at a private dinner in March. But his mistreatment of black people, verbally and politically, is decades old, and is a reflection of the Democratic party in general.
Throughout Biden’s career, he has boasted about his ability to bridge partisan divides by sacrificing the needs of black people and poor people in the name of “compromise”. For the last 30 years, Biden has repeatedly talked about freezing, cutting, or raising the age for social security and other benefits – as much as $2tn one time. His response to concerns that these cuts would hurt the poor? “We’re going to do lots of hard things … we might as well do this.”
Social security is an important program for black people, especially as we age. Among African Americans receiving social security, 35% of elderly married couples and 58% of unmarried elderly persons relied on it for 90% or more of their income. The reliance is not due to laziness or spending habits – people of color and white people make similar choices and contributions to retirement – but due to racism, lack of workplace retirement plans and barriers to accessing high-paying jobs

·
33,817 Posts
You are a despicable liar and a fraud.

Now shoo, you tool, because you obviously are not going to successfully change what's being discussed in my post: Joe Biden's racism and entitlement - though you could also argue his temperament is at least partly due to his cognitive decline.
You are starting to sound like your hero Donald Trump too. (No... I don't mean that as a compliment.)

·
Registered
221 Posts
You are starting to sound like your hero Donald Trump too. (No... I don't mean that as a compliment.)
I think you're the only one losing your mind here - to the point of making straight up farcical lies. Being a liar makes you an excellent Trump match.

Now talking about Trump, if you would stop with your trolling and temper tantrums, or just join him on Twitter.

·
33,817 Posts
I think you're the only one losing your mind here - to the point of making straight up lies. Being a liar makes you an excellent Trump match.

Now talking about Trump, if you would stop with your trolling and temper tantrums, or just join him on Twitter.
Anyone can read this correspondence. And they will draw their own conclusions about who is losing their cool and who is not. That is all.

7301 - 7320 of 7449 Posts