Tennis Forum banner

7281 - 7300 of 7449 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cuomo does not issue visas allowing entry of internationals who brought in the disease (that is the responsibility of the State Dept). Nor does he control the CDC which is responsible for the needed quarantine of those who contaminate Americans. That is strictly under the control of the tRUMP regime. Contrary to the sources you posted, responsibility always goes to the top. And that means that you and all else blame tRUMP, not Cuomo.
Hilarious. So you read that article and your take away is that "internationals brought the disease"? The article lays pretty clearly how both Cuomo and De Blasio both dismissed the scientists and undermined the virus before it blew in their face and took far too long to take action (and they had plenty of power to take action), and Cuomo was even worse. He could have taken action just like the mayor of SF did. He even forced nursing homes to take covid positive patients which led to an explosion of deaths and cases and only a few weeks reverted that policy. But I think you're beyond hope frankly.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,817 Posts
Hilarious. So you read that article and your take away is that "internationals brought the disease"? The article lays pretty clearly how both Cuomo and De Blasio both dismissed the scientists and undermined the virus before it blew in their face and took far too long to take action (and they had plenty of power to take action), and Cuomo was even worse. He could have taken action just like the mayor of SF did. He even forced nursing homes to take covid positive patients which led to an explosion of deaths and cases and only a few weeks reverted that policy. But I think you're beyond hope frankly.
I think you are right that Cuomo and Blasio are very much not above criticism of their handling of the virus. There are a lot of very valid criticisms that can be leveled at both. I won't even try to argue that. That said, it seems ingenuous, even hypocritical, to criticise Cuomo and Blasio for things that Trump is even more guilty of himself, and yet defend Trump for these same failings.

·
33,817 Posts

Fascinating video here. It looks at how all the people in the US who aren't thrilled by either Trump or Biden are likely to place their ballots. Speaking personally, I don't find it hard to suspect the amount of Americans who are not taken with either candidate is likely to be quite large. But it is positive that this group of individuals does seem to be aware which of the two is very much the "lessor of two evils" and consequently it good to see this group (whose impact at the election is likely to be profound) firmly backing Biden.

This is a small accompanying article....
Charlie Cook: Voters That Dislike Both Trump And Biden Will Vote 49-18 For Biden; In 2016, It Was +20 Trump - Real Clear Politics

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think you are right that Cuomo and Blasio are very much not above criticism of their handling of the virus. There are a lot of very valid criticisms that can be leveled at both. I won't even try to argue that. That said, it seems ingenuous, even hypocritical, to criticise Cuomo and Blasio for things that Trump is even more guilty of himself, and yet defend Trump for these same failings.
Do we have to talk about Trump in every freakin sentence? I think I've been pretty clear that he's been extremely incompetent, but not every failing is his. The point is that "star" DemoRats like Cuomo have done just as much damage, if not more, to their constituents.

Cuomo and De Blasio were both horrendous. Their failings have been detailed and investigated in liberal media that actually respect themselves such as the New Yorker and ProPublica. They are guilty of dismissing scientists, underplaying the virus, favoring $$ over people, much of the same criticism leveled at Trump. Frankly it doesn't take investigative reporting to figure that out; most of us who were just following the action realized that they messed things up but somehow the ridiculous media still made heroes from them, at least Cuomo since he fits the establishment recipe.

"Not above criticism" is actually being extremely soft on them and frankly borders on hypocritical itself.

·
Registered
221 Posts
BTW, Cuomo has made it a habit to go on CNN and be interviewed by his brother. I mean, you can't make a sick joke like this one even if you wanted to. It's like Donald Trump being interviewed by Ivanka or Eric Jr. Did anyone tell them that public questioning is supposed to be serious business and that, there is, a "conflict of interest" here, to put it mildly?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If only this were true:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts

Bingo.

Cuomo and de Blasio could have done more. Trump could have done FAR more. And, as always, responsibility goes to the top. He claims to be everybody's president. Now it's time for him to act like one and for his cultish apologists to stop defending him.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,933 Posts
Cuomo and De Blasio are probably the managerial fiasco of the century, comparable only maybe with another pair of losers Mandela-De Klerk pushing prosperous country on her deathpath.
Cuomo and De Blasio did the same to New York. Short/mid term demise of New York is now inevitable. The rest of the country will likely recover quick. New York will not only not recover quick. Things have just started to get worse. They are going to get much, much worse for people of NY and it won't get better for any time soon. Significantly because of these two cowards.

·
Registered
37,173 Posts
Cuomo and De Blasio are probably the managerial fiasco of the century, comparable only maybe with another pair of losers Mandela-De Klerk pushing prosperous country on her deathpath.
Cuomo and De Blasio did the same to New York. Short/mid term demise of New York is now inevitable. The rest of the country will likely recover quick. New York will not only not recover quick. Things have just started to get worse. They are going to get much, much worse for people of NY and it won't get better for any time soon. Significantly because of these two cowards.
Wow, calling Nobel Peace Prize winners losers is stunning (and shows what you think about humanity)

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,933 Posts
Wow, calling Nobel Peace Prize winners losers is stunning (and shows what you think about humanity)
We have some absolute failures like Obama, who've started wars and made their countries incompetetitve , Nobel Prize winners.
It's another piece of meaningless hippie PR junk, nothing else.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,278 Posts
and imagine how much better off this country, and the entire world, would be right now if Hillary was president. Easy choice.
But her emails :rolleyes: :mad: You know , the media is partly responsible for this mess we are in. They had this love affair with this POS and didn't care . Meanwhile, I'm afraid they are gonna hold on to that Obamagate shit just like her emails.

·
33,817 Posts
By calling Nelson Mandela a loser you just lost any credibility you had (okay not much then....) and good luck with anyone taking seriously anything else you have to say in this post after that, because quite rightly, no one will. Cheers.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,933 Posts
By calling Nelson Mandela a loser you just lost any credibility you had (okay not much then....) and good luck with anyone taking seriously anything else you have to say in this post after that, because quite rightly, no one will. Cheers.
Seriously, I should be taking seriously opinions of dumb, arrogant, pompous assholes like you, who are so easy to propagate the fruit of their poor brain to "no one" or "everyone"? Pathetic, really pathetic.

·
33,817 Posts
Seriously, I should be taking seriously opinions of dumb, arrogant, pompous assholes like you, who are so easy to propagate the fruit of their poor brain to "no one" or "everyone"? Pathetic, really pathetic.
Using language like this and you think I am the one who is pompous and arrogant? My, my. You really better get some self awareness going. And yes, I made a serious statement. No one will take you seriously if you think Nelson Mandela is a loser except perhaps for a handful of racist far right loons. That is a fact whether you like it or not.

7281 - 7300 of 7449 Posts