Tennis Forum banner

5981 - 6000 of 6204 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

The Sanders campaign strategy was akin to going out on court for a professional tennis match and just assuming that the opponent was going to hit 60 unforced errors, and therefore they didn't need to do anything special to win.

What a bunch of arrogant idiots.

·
Registered
31,297 Posts
The Sanders campaign strategy was akin to going out on court for a professional tennis match and just assuming that the opponent was going to hit 60 unforced errors, and therefore they didn't need to do anything special to win.

They were so dumb they even managed to alienate AOC, that says it all.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
some nice propaganda from your favorite John Solomon-funded Hill TV douchebags... because they definitely have everyone's best interests at heart, ha ha.
Are you sure you're not Silent Bird's second account because you two do sound a lot alike. Same tactics anyway. For instance, propaganda, what are you even talking about? What in the piece was propaganda? You might favor Trump's approach to put the stock market's health at the highest priority (given your Bloomberg post). But that doesn't make reporting on different approaches to dealing with the pandemic propaganda.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
GOP Lawmaker Thinks It’s Time To Sacrifice Grandma
Combines heartlessness with a misunderstanding of the situation. Likely as many or more people under 50 will contract the disease and die than older people. And then there's the effect on healthcare in general. People that need an ICU, but can't find the room. Lack of masks, gloves, etc. for every health emergency.

·
Registered
39,357 Posts
Trump's pivots on the coronavirus are no longer just dizzying. Now they're dangerous.

Trump has changed his mind so much about what the coronavirus means for Americans that it's hard to keep track. We can just hope he changes his mind again.

NBC News 42 minutes ago

First, President Trump ignored the coronavirus, dismissing its threat to the public. Then briefly he took it somewhat seriously. He gave an address from the Oval ...

The New York Times 7 hours ago

They're only dangerous if you get your advice from jackasses.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
GOP Lawmaker Thinks It’s Time To Sacrifice Grandma
Combines heartlessness with a misunderstanding of the situation. Likely as many or more people under 50 will contract the disease and die than older people. And then there's the effect on healthcare in general. People that need an ICU, but can't find the room. Lack of masks, gloves, etc. for every health emergency.

Looking at it in purely party political terms given that Republicans tend to skew towards the older age groups a representative of the GOP suggesting seniors commit suicide doesn't seem to me the best thought out political strategy of our time.

Though to be fair Dan does largely seem to be talking about sacrificing himself here. I trust Republican voters will have the sense to stay home and let Dan make this sacrifice on their behalf.

·
Registered
125 Posts
In the daily news conferences in updating the corona virus crisis, Pres Trump is routinely asked once or twice by MSM reporters why does he label the virus as the Chinese virus. The implication is that its racist to do so and even more sinister it may lead to nasty anti Asian American protests and confrontations. As an aside considering that this virus is highly contagious and is spread by human to human contact it would be foolhardy for those prone to violence to confront the said Asian Americans, actually anyone for that matter.

So tell me how many deaths from the virus would have been averted had Pres Trump refrained from labeling this pandemic as the Chinese virus? Huh? Yeah exactly. There is a good reason for the President to insist on identifying the virus as such aside from the fact the virus did indeed originate in China. By continually calling this disease the Chinese virus it reminds Americans and the rest of the world for that matter of the inhumane and criminal acts by the Chinese Communist Party aka the Chinese government in dealing with the outbreak of this virus. In case you’re unaware, China kept the world in the dark for at least three weeks at time of the outbreak of this decease and even refused medical assistance from outside China. All medical experts aver that had China acted properly this virus could have been contained better and many lives could have been saved.

It is obvious the Chicoms don’t care a fig for the health safety of its own citizens never mind the rest of the world. It is more concerned about saying face than saving people. If you have no idea what I’m talking about then you have buried your head in the sand. You probably have already if you indeed take offence whenever Pres Trump refers to this disease as the Chinese virus. As I’ve said before your hatred for Pres Trump robs you of intellectual discernment.

·
Registered
39,357 Posts

·
Registered
39,357 Posts

·
Veelieve!!!
32,193 Posts

Did Bernard really believe he could beat lowlife 45 when only 30 % of Democrats could stand him while the rest were being bullied by his frothy mouth supporters?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Man, you have got to be worn out after all of those verbal gymnastics.

Go have a seat.
Oh wow yet another powerful insightful and persuasive rebuttal. I get the impression that you truly believe that had Hilary won the 2016 election instead, there would not have been the corona virus pandemic. Of course you probably don’t think Hilary really lost the election since she got more popular votes. Just like in tennis, player “A” really didn’t win the match against player “B” with the scoreline 0-6, 7-6, 7-6. After all player “B” won 18 games to player “A”s 14 games. You and your cohorts on this thread are just pathetic, with no clue as to real life.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Are you sure you're not Silent Bird's second account because you two do sound a lot alike. Same tactics anyway. For instance, propaganda, what are you even talking about? What in the piece was propaganda? You might favor Trump's approach to put the stock market's health at the highest priority (given your Bloomberg post). But that doesn't make reporting on different approaches to dealing with the pandemic propaganda.

You've got a lot of gall to compare me to Silentbird when your views coincide with his far more often than mine do.

TYT (your other favorite news source) are leftist partisan hacks, but at least they sort of believe in some of the content they put up. Ball & Enjeti are straight-up right-wing plants. The claim to legitimacy of any form of targeted propaganda is "see, we tell the truth sometimes!!". Krystal Ball has got one job, and one job only: peel off as much support from Biden on the left as she can to help Donald Trump get re-elected. If that's the side you're on, then fine, but don't go around pretending to be Trump opposition.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have normally been bemused by the Trump hatred that has been routinely spewed on these pages. Most of it has been insane, and so I have refrained from opining too often. It usually represents anguished distress that Hilary did not win in 2016, but instead Donald Trump became President. The MSM as faithful lackeys to the Dems rather then restricting themselves to factual accurate news reporting, have without any disguise made it their mission to topple the Trump Presidency. Fortunately so far the United States as a country is strong enough to weather the collapse of the free press, and the Trump administration is capable of carrying on in governing the country to achieve its maximum potential.

Now though in the midst of the horrific pandemic crisis Trump hatred has really harmed the country. By continuing on carping at the perceived inadequacy of Pres Trump’s handling of the crisis, the country is in a dilemma. Do you believe the govt or do you not? The MSM is constantly harping on suggesting that the Trump administration is woefully incompetent, but of course there are no examples of incompetency enunciated nor are there better solutions offered. Do you as a Trump hater truly believe that if a better solution was offered that Pres Trump would ignore it?

He is the President like it or not. Do you actually believe he has no concern for the well being of the country? A personal question to the American posters posting on this thread: are you not personally affected at all by this crisis? As an example I’m old enough to be in the high risk category for contracting and possibly dying from the virus. Are you Trump haters suggesting I have no hope because Pres Trump is not doing the best he can to ensure I’ll survive?

As I've mentioned in another posting I have an adult son married with one child, i.e. my granddaughter. He lives from paycheck to paycheck and he and his wife have both been laid off from their employment. They are in dire straits. Today I gave them $40, which I can ill afford, (I'm not in the best of financial position either) to buy food to last them until Friday when they get their last paycheck from their companies. Pres Trump and the Republican Party recognize the plight of my son and tens of thousands like him as well as the problem of the economy that this pandemic crisis has wrought. So they have proposed a massive stimulus relief package wherein my son would get $3000 within three weeks, a truly life saver.

As of this writing the stimulus bill has finally passed but not until several days squabbling in the Senate wherein the Republicans had to have no doubt caved in on some non essential demands. What they caved in on, I don’t know at the time of this writing, but I do know that some of the Dems demands would be that big corporations who received monies would have to submit proof that there work force was diverse.

If you think the Dems care for the little guy like my son then you are a fool as in Pres Lincoln’s famous quote: ‘you can fool some of the people all the time’ .

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Trump's approval rating on the COVID has risen to an incredible 60 percent.

What this shows is that the lock-down restrictions are a political loser, and the Dems need to change their strategy, fast. Biden knows this and that's why he's keeping his mouth shut... we can't let the Warren and Sanders supporters who just lost the primary, define the Democratic COVID response. The COVID must not be allowed to become the baboon's reelection ticket.

·
Registered
39,357 Posts
Oh wow yet another powerful insightful and persuasive rebuttal. I get the impression that you truly believe that had Hilary won the 2016 election instead, there would not have been the corona virus pandemic. Of course you probably don’t think Hilary really lost the election since she got more popular votes. Just like in tennis, player “A” really didn’t win the match against player “B” with the scoreline 0-6, 7-6, 7-6. After all player “B” won 18 games to player “A”s 14 games. You and your cohorts on this thread are just pathetic, with no clue as to real life.
If you got all of that from two sentences tell me what you get from this:

5981 - 6000 of 6204 Posts