Tennis Forum banner

5961 - 5980 of 6183 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
First time in 3 years that Trump is not the odds favorite for 2020. Btw, who is Nikki Haley and how does Hillary have a chance to become the president? I guess those are some extreme scenarios there.

Nikki Haley was governor of South Carolina & 1st UN Rep for Trump... she has long been considered the front-runner, along with Pompeo, for the Repub nomination in '024 (or also for this year if Trump had been impeached or resigned) because she has been very cleverly balancing on the line of the Republican establishment while still playing as much as possible to the Trump fanatics.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,258 Posts
Rand Paul is an asshole to be sure, but if he tests positive for the COVID and then he doesn't get sick, doesn't that kind of support his dad's claim that it's a hoax? I've heard an awful lot lately about various celebrities & politicians "testing positive", but not a word about any of them actually being ill...
The fact that a lot of people can get the virus and not experience any symptoms themselves is actually one of the most dangerous aspects of the virus and one that makes it particularly hard to control. For although someone might be asymptomatic they can still spread the virus to other people who will become very sick and possibly die. It is because people can have the virus unknowingly that older people and those with underlying medical conditions are so vulnerable to getting the virus. People who are unaware they even have the virus can pass it on to loved ones who won't be so lucky.

·
Registered
125 Posts
To state the obvious this thread contains countless postings presuming to try and convince people like me that Pres Trump is a disaster. Perhaps the other motive for these postings is to reassure like minded posters that hatred for Pres Trump is justified. All I know is that at the moment of this writing (14:30 EDT USA) five Republican Senators can not attend and vote in the Senate because of the Chinese virus. Thus Mitch McConnell needs some Democrat votes to pass the bill that would provide instant cash relief for middle class and poor Americans. My adult son and his wife both have been laid off by their employers indefinitely, but at least they’re saving day care expense they incur in raising my granddaughter. Thus receiving $3,000 from the govt would sure come in handy, but the Dems have at this moment been successful in stopping the bill from coming into law. This is for you Trump haters your finest hour.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Ominous news, as Trump's approval rating has actually gone up since the start of the COVID crisis... an ABC/WashPost poll gave him a 55-43 positive rating for his handling... he's been getting a lot of free media coverage off of this. I'm starting to think the Dems should just let the baboon do what he wants because he's bound to screw it up, and then they can call him on it during the campaign. Definitely they need to pass the stimulus bill even if it's not ideal.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Ominous news, as Trump's approval rating has actually gone up since the start of the COVID crisis... an ABC/WashPost poll gave him a 55-43 positive rating for his handling... he's been getting a lot of free media coverage off of this. I'm starting to think the Dems should just let the baboon do what he wants because he's bound to screw it up, and then they can call him on it during the campaign. Definitely they need to pass the stimulus bill even if it's not ideal.

I imagine his numbers are going up because after weeks of pretending it all would go away people are simply relieved to see the Science Denier in Chief is actually doing something.

Hopefully it isn't too late.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,258 Posts

Agree that it is essential a stimulus bill is passed and if it isn't it will reflect badly on the Democrats. Doubtless the bill will not go as far as it needs to but it is better to pass it quickly than trying to score political points by making the bill stronger but in doing so, holding it up.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
The fact that a lot of people can get the virus and not experience any symptoms themselves is actually one of the most dangerous aspects of the virus and one that makes it particularly hard to control. For although someone might be asymptomatic they can still spread the virus to other people who will become very sick and possibly die. It is because people can have the virus unknowingly that older people and those with underlying medical conditions are so vulnerable to getting the virus. People who are unaware they even have the virus can pass it on to loved ones who won't be so lucky.

that's turning things on its head a bit... i would have said that a high percentage of people not getting ill from the having the COVID is, in balance, a very good thing.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Rising crisis update: Cases surge, Trump signals pivot, experts explain how to end lockdown
What worked for Asia that we're not doing.

some nice propaganda from your favorite John Solomon-funded Hill TV douchebags... because they definitely have everyone's best interests at heart, ha ha.

·
Registered
31,294 Posts
5961 - 5980 of 6183 Posts