Tennis Forum banner

4601 - 4620 of 4711 Posts

·
Registered
6,428 Posts

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Ousted Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg to receive $60m in stock and pension | The Guardian, Dominic Rushe

Boeing’s chief executive, Dennis Muilenburg, ousted amid the worst crisis in the company’s history, will depart with stock and pension awards worth more than $60m, the company announced on Friday... Muilenberg presided over Boeing as two of its top-selling 737 Max jets crashed, killing 346 people. The disasters led to a global grounding for the jet and criticism of the company’s cozy relationship with its regulator, the Federal Aviation Administration.

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
The moment Bernie's surge appears inevitable, Warren comes up with a fake controversy trying to portray him as sexist. What a coincidence.

She hired some members of the Hillary team for her campaign and this is how they play. It almost seems like they want to sink her and Bernie together to make room for Biden.

·
7,203 Posts
The moment Bernie's surge appears inevitable, Warren comes up with a fake controversy trying to portray him as sexist. What a coincidence.

She hired some members of the Hillary team for her campaign and this is how they play. It almost seems like they want to sink her and Bernie together to make room for Biden.
First thing's first - Warren was my 2nd choice. There is less than 4% chance Elizabeth Warren gets the nomination and after this, frankly she doesn't deserve it. This was such a bad move for her that I'm honestly dejected that this is what she resulted to and I have lost respect for her. I expected better.

This was a kamikaze attack to ensure that if she doesn't get the nomination, Bernie shouldn't get the nomination either. If it wasn't, this was a completely incompetent Hail Mary political attack because if she wants the nomination, she needed the support of Sanders supporters which she isn't going to get now. Either way, I'm disgusted and disappointed.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Not aimed directly at you, but I'd hoped that we'd learned from the last presidential election to not try to get people to vote by calling them "angry, disillusioned, lazy, ignorant," etc. This only sounds like a good idea inside the clubhouse. Outside, it just tends to piss people off and make them want to vote less.
Maybe in general. But there is a certain brand of left-wing nihilist-leaning voters who need to be constantly reminded who the enemy is, and convinced using harsh rhetoric. Hardball is the only thing they understand. Hillary didn't lose in '016 because we gave those people a hard time, in fact quite the opposite... she actually lost because we as Democrats weren't tough enough on the leftist-nihilists, we didn't push back against them aggressively enough.

·
Registered
39,051 Posts

·
Registered
39,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Registered
29,316 Posts
First thing's first - Warren was my 2nd choice. There is less than 4% chance Elizabeth Warren gets the nomination and after this, frankly she doesn't deserve it. This was such a bad move for her that I'm honestly dejected that this is what she resulted to and I have lost respect for her. I expected better.

This was a kamikaze attack to ensure that if she doesn't get the nomination, Bernie shouldn't get the nomination either. If it wasn't, this was a completely incompetent Hail Mary political attack because if she wants the nomination, she needed the support of Sanders supporters which she isn't going to get now. Either way, I'm disgusted and disappointed.
I saw it coming. The signs were always there. But I was vehemently told that her fake Native identity doesn't matter. She is what she is.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
...left-wing nihilist-leaning voters who need to be constantly reminded who the enemy is, and convinced using harsh rhetoric. Hardball is the only thing they understand...
Eh, no. You just create a dynamic where they are more likely to hate both sides. You want to make an argument that doesn't gloss over their issues with the candidate you want them to vote for, and focus on how the other candidate is worse on issues they care about. There's no point where a version of the "F-you, now vote for me," approach is going to work. It might feel better to you at the time, but that's the only benefit you'll get out of it.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Yeah, I think that's absolutely true. He wanted to get rid of the existing agreement because it had Obama's name on it and replace it with one that had his name on it. For him, that's all this has been about. The deal could be the same, or even less effective, all he needs is his name on it. Now others just wanted that deal gone for good. And like an idiot, he signed off on what they wanted. "Sure, Mr. President, we trash this agreement and they'll absolutely want to make another agreement with us immediately. That's a real thing that happens. Sign here, sir."

·
Registered
6,428 Posts

I've heard versions of this a fair amount from people who have been vocal supporters of both. I don't know what she thinks she'll get out of it. She already has the voters who support this line. Sanders's supporters are used to being called sexist and racist. It just feels like a blast from the past.

4601 - 4620 of 4711 Posts