Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :) !

Has anyone been to US Open before :) ? I would be mainly interested in some accomodation's advice. Where can you stay for some reasonable price and distance from the Flushing Meadows? How much are tickets?

Thanks for any help :wavey: .

P.S Frazier~Force I have something for you, but you have PM blocked. Please contact me.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
staying in Manhattan for 60-70 USD per night and taking the subway to the tournament, (abt 45 minutes), is the cheapest bet unless you have a car. Hotels.com has quite a few options at that price.

Grounds passes are like 40 USD per day and you can order in advance from USTA, otherwise get there early to avoid a very long line.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
agreed...vogus did a nice job, i've been every year since 95, stay in manhattan is easiest, plenty of places to stay (there is a pretty famous hostel i guess up around the 110th st area...not close to the tournament but would be cheap, not sure if you're student aged or an adult), if you'll pay for nicer accomodations, easiest if you're going to take the subway is somewhere in midtown...the 7 subway line takes you to the tennis center, and that runs in manhattan along 42nd street (beginning in times square)...flushing meadows is the 2nd to last stop, it's a pretty long subway ride, 45 minutes approximately depending on weather/people waiting

tix are affordable...grounds pass is best deal, since you get every court except ashe with them and they're about $15 cheaper...1st week tickets are very affordable, you better order them early via USTA or ticketmaster, not sure if you can get them like that...i've never gotten tickets another way but i hear it's REALLY difficult...especially for labor day weekend

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback! :) However, I cant find any accomodation for 60-70USD in Manhattan. Vogus, do you know any hotel? Could you please reccomend me some.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts