Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,064 Posts
Yes, this is World War III in New York in 2 days;) One trying to reach farther than the other, and Pam Shriver was right today: she said atleast the finals this year won't be a lovey-duvy final between family memebers:lol:, the final will be WAR for all the ladies because this is a golden chance to win a major.

Right now I'd say Justine and Jennifer are the strongest coming in the US Open.

What a dream draw for Justine;)

· Registered
2,064 Posts
Justine seems to be playing players she's never played before or have not faced in a while (ie. Kapros, Talaja) and now a diminutive Japanese player Saori Obata. No problems here, Justine should just attack the 2nd serve cuz ALL of the Japanese women have weak 2nd serves. I hope Justine learned from the Kapros match about attacking these slow serves............go JUJU! NEXT!

· Registered
2,064 Posts
well played match for Justine;) I saw it and she improved on two important things from that Kapros match:

*she attacked Safina's serves (even hitting winners off hard 1st serves :eek::)

*came into net with some crafty volleys that got the crowd happy.

She and Jennifer Capriati both said that they got anxious in the 2nd sets of their match because they wanted to get it over before the rains started to come again.

It's nice to see Justine pick up her level, She REALLY has a chance now to win;) 3 More matches she said in an interview on court;)!!! :bounce:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.