Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone could advise me if its possible to get a taxi from US Open tennis after play. This might seem a silly question as sure that you can but just wondering if anyone could clarify and where from?

Thanks

Sarah

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Oh, you're back :wavey: USO coming up for you!

I thought you were staying right near by the grounds?

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

·
Registered
34,111 Posts
Getter Jaani!!!

Rockefeller street :singer:

·
-
52,162 Posts
Taking the 7 Subway from Queens to Manhattan offers some magnificent views when sun is starting to hide. You shouldn't miss it, that and taking the subway with the fans who discuss their day at Flushing.

·
Registered
24,967 Posts
I always take the train to Flushing, and there are many subways you can take as well. I'm assuming you'll be staying in Manhattan, so it won't be difficult at all :)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Taking the 7 Subway from Queens to Manhattan offers some magnificent views when sun is starting to hide. You shouldn't miss it, that and taking the subway with the fans who discuss their day at Flushing.
:yeah: I must say I enjoy that every year :)

·
Registered
13,703 Posts
To where? There's an entrance for the 7 train on Roosevelt Ave, and that's a good place to call a cab, but if you're there you might as well just get on the train. :lol:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Just wondering if anyone could advise me if its possible to get a taxi from US Open tennis after play. This might seem a silly question as sure that you can but just wondering if anyone could clarify and where from?

Thanks

Sarah
There sometimes are car services waiting around, but depending where you're headed, the 7 train and/or LIRR might do the trick

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
There sometimes are car services waiting around, but depending where you're headed, the 7 train and/or LIRR might do the trick
This. There's a line of cabs/car services and a line of people on the grounds, pas the practice courts unless things have changed. I've never taken one, so I don't know what the wait would be like.

Much easier to take the 7.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
ya'll are crazy. the 7 Train is a cesspit. Yes, the views are beautiful, if you don't mind being squished next to sweaty day laborers.

Take the cab. They have guys waiting at the exit - they're air conditioned, reliable, and worth the price.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
This. There's a line of cabs/car services and a line of people on the grounds, pas the practice courts unless things have changed. I've never taken one, so I don't know what the wait would be like.

Much easier to take the 7.
you have to exit the stadium, walk over the promenade and walk down the stairs to Roosevelt Avenue. the livery drivers will have dispatchers there with cell phones to call in cars.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for your help guys x Im staying in 135th Avenue, Jamaica. So number 7 not really an option. Thanks for info on taxi's xx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts