Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Venus Drops to #6 in the world...it's going to get very interesting!! she will be seeded 5, and my pull a big gun in the quarters...hopefully she'll be healthy enough!!

Even without Match prep, the sisters have always performed well on the big stage...I have no doubt that Venus is practicing HARD for the HardCourts....!! :devil:

Interesting August is shaping up! :bounce:

I still personally feel that Venus should take the rest of the year off, she'll climb back pretty fast in 2004 with little to defend, so her year will soar.......even if she plays sub-par tennis.

MMMMmmmm????

The US Open, what do u guys think??? :confused:

Reactions: Paneru

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Juju_fan said:
Venus CAN'T drop to #6 before the US Open...
Won't she stay at #5 if Lindsay beats Kim today?
Or does Lindsay stay #4 regardless?

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Kabuke said:
Won't she stay at #5 if Lindsay beats Kim today?
Or does Lindsay stay #4 regardless?
If Lindsay wins, she stays no.4 and Venus no.5. Otherwise, Venus might well be no.4 as Lindsay is defending finalist.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Foot_Fault said:
If Venus Drops to #6 in the world...it's going to get very interesting!! she will be seeded 5, and my pull a big gun in the quarters...hopefully she'll be healthy enough!!

Even without Match prep, the sisters have always performed well on the big stage...I have no doubt that Venus is practicing HARD for the HardCourts....!! :devil:

Interesting August is shaping up! :bounce:

I still personally feel that Venus should take the rest of the year off, she'll climb back pretty fast in 2004 with little to defend, so her year will soar.......even if she plays sub-par tennis.

MMMMmmmm????

The US Open, what do u guys think??? :confused:
Venus can't drop to #6 before the Open,
Mauresmo is a couple hundred points behind Venus and even if she won New Haven it wouldn't be enough to over take Venus.

I agree with the rest.
I think Venus will be at the USO.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
If Venus plays the US Open, she will be seeded #3 or #4 no matter what.

End of story.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
With Venus's past US Open slam draws even if she does fall to #6 or #5 it won't make any difference.

She's faced every tough opponent there is and she will still have to win 7 matches to hold up the trophy.

Hopefully the organizers will give Venus a easy draw as she is coming off injury and is a HUGE DRAW. US Open rig the draw in Venus's favor please.:)

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
With Venus's past US Open slam draws even if she does fall to #6 or #5 it won't make any difference.

She's faced every tough opponent there is and she will still have to win 7 matches to hold up the trophy.

Hopefully the organizers will give Venus a easy draw as she is coming off injury and is a HUGE DRAW. US Open rig the draw in Venus's favor please.:)
I'm sure that with Serena out, the organizers wish that they could rig the draw to give Venus a cakewalk to the finals. The longer Vee is in, the greater the interest. :worship:

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
BigTennisFan said:
I'm sure that with Serena out, the organizers wish that they could rig the draw to give Venus a cakewalk to the finals. The longer Vee is in, the greater the interest. :worship:
I mean enough of Kim always getting the easy draws.....give someone else a chance at an easy draw!! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts