Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few buddies and I headed to Flushing today to catch some action ... got there at 10 to ensure ourselves grounds passes, which were all they had available today ...

First match up was Asagoe vs. Pierce ... I was waiting to see how Mary would react to the win over Dokic and hoped she would not be overconfident ... Shinobu is a good player who is slowly working her up the rankings and I see her possibly being in the top 25 w/ her steady play from the baseline ... no big weapon though... Luckily Mary brought her A-game :bounce: ... after being broken by Asagoe in the opening game, Mary broke right back with some crisp returns... Shinobu kept it surprisingly close in the first set by moving Mary around but was simply overpowered many times, shaking her head in distress ... when Shinobu served at 4-5, Mary broke out the huge returns and huge backhands in order to secure the first set. In the second set, Shinobu just ran out of gas and was mincemeat ... Mary was great to the fans afterwards and stayed to oblige every single autograph seeker :bounce: :bounce: ... I spoke to Mary, telling her I had just seen her at Wimbledon and got her to sign my Adidas Visor :lol: so now I have an Adidas Visor signed by Mary and an Adidas hat signed by Marat (actually the one that he wore in a match two years ago which he threw into the crowd and I caught) ...

The sun melted us so we went to get something to drink, thinking we would catch Paradorn's match (Mary and Paradorn started at the same time and men's matches usually last longer right?) but just as we entered the grandstand, it was over :eek: ... I did say hi to Paradorn's dad as he walked out and wished him and his son good luck in the next round

So Lleyton was next on Armstrong and from the start you could tell that Radek was injured and not moving well ... he got a 10 minute massage on the court but retired after that

Next went to the outside courts and got our pictures taken w/ a replica of the championship trophy :lol: :lol: :lol: at the Lincoln / Mercury tent... this is a great concept

Outside courts to see Schivone vs. Pisnik ... Franseca was wearing a terrible looking white dress that was too tight w/ black underwear ... her tummy was sticking out so not flattering at all ... she also let out alot of unflattering grunts ... can't imagine what she is like during sex ... anyway, we joined w/ Schivone leading 3-1 in the 2nd ... this match was such a difference from Pierce vs. Asagoe ... both girls sliced and diced their backhands and looped their forehands ... we were sitting in front of Tina's coach who kept encouraging her despite threat of $1500 fine from the umpire ...

next up was Bryan brothers on court 7 against mantilla and lopez ... man these guys are popular ... standing room only crowd dominated by girls younger than 14... the USTA needs to put them on a bigger court ... the boys had good teamwork to come down from being 4-2 down in the first set and eventually take the set ...

we then walked by the WTA tent where they were trying to advertise w/ the slogan "Bring out your feminine side" or whatever ... I think it is dumb but anyway guess who was having an autograph session? Mary !!!

the sign said she would be there at 2:30 but she was fashionably late, strolling in at 2:45

I ended up being first in line and getting my picture taken w/ Mary and talking to her for a bit! I told her I have seen her play 5 or 6 times, that she is my favorite player and good luck against Myskina ! :bounce:

next we saw Gonzalez vs. Dent ... these are huge guys who serve big and Gonzalez was just whipping his forehand like there was no tommorrow ... at one point he drilled one at Dent's head ... LOL! one of my buddies is from Spain so he decided that we would support Fernando admist the mostly partisan-Dent crowd ... we yelled Vamos Fernando a couple of times and got him back on track in the 2nd set ... Fernando needs to control his anger though as he swung his racquet at the ground when he lost points, leading to breaking his racquet and boos from the crowd ...

well then the rains came so we subwayed it back to Manhattan ... hopefully I will be able to go again tommorrow or Monday and give another report

Reactions: auntie janie

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
194,523 Posts
pierce0415 said:
So a few buddies and I headed to Flushing today to catch some action ... got there at 10 to ensure ourselves grounds passes, which were all they had available today ...

First match up was Asagoe vs. Pierce ... I was waiting to see how Mary would react to the win over Dokic and hoped she would not be overconfident ... Shinobu is a good player who is slowly working her up the rankings and I see her possibly being in the top 25 w/ her steady play from the baseline ... no big weapon though... Luckily Mary brought her A-game :bounce: ... after being broken by Asagoe in the opening game, Mary broke right back with some crisp returns... Shinobu kept it surprisingly close in the first set by moving Mary around but was simply overpowered many times, shaking her head in distress ... when Shinobu served at 4-5, Mary broke out the huge returns and huge backhands in order to secure the first set. In the second set, Shinobu just ran out of gas and was mincemeat ... Mary was great to the fans afterwards and stayed to oblige every single autograph seeker :bounce: :bounce: ... I spoke to Mary, telling her I had just seen her at Wimbledon and got her to sign my Adidas Visor :lol: so now I have an Adidas Visor signed by Mary and an Adidas hat signed by Marat (actually the one that he wore in a match two years ago which he threw into the crowd and I caught) ...

The sun melted us so we went to get something to drink, thinking we would catch Paradorn's match (Mary and Paradorn started at the same time and men's matches usually last longer right?) but just as we entered the grandstand, it was over :eek: ... I did say hi to Paradorn's dad as he walked out and wished him and his son good luck in the next round

So Lleyton was next on Armstrong and from the start you could tell that Radek was injured and not moving well ... he got a 10 minute massage on the court but retired after that

Next went to the outside courts and got our pictures taken w/ a replica of the championship trophy :lol: :lol: :lol: at the Lincoln / Mercury tent... this is a great concept

Outside courts to see Schivone vs. Pisnik ... Franseca was wearing a terrible looking white dress that was too tight w/ black underwear ... her tummy was sticking out so not flattering at all ... she also let out alot of unflattering grunts ... can't imagine what she is like during sex ... anyway, we joined w/ Schivone leading 3-1 in the 2nd ... this match was such a difference from Pierce vs. Asagoe ... both girls sliced and diced their backhands and looped their forehands ... we were sitting in front of Tina's coach who kept encouraging her despite threat of $1500 fine from the umpire ...

next up was Bryan brothers on court 7 against mantilla and lopez ... man these guys are popular ... standing room only crowd dominated by girls younger than 14... the USTA needs to put them on a bigger court ... the boys had good teamwork to come down from being 4-2 down in the first set and eventually take the set ...

we then walked by the WTA tent where they were trying to advertise w/ the slogan "Bring out your feminine side" or whatever ... I think it is dumb but anyway guess who was having an autograph session? Mary !!!

the sign said she would be there at 2:30 but she was fashionably late, strolling in at 2:45

I ended up being first in line and getting my picture taken w/ Mary and talking to her for a bit! I told her I have seen her play 5 or 6 times, that she is my favorite player and good luck against Myskina ! :bounce:

next we saw Gonzalez vs. Dent ... these are huge guys who serve big and Gonzalez was just whipping his forehand like there was no tommorrow ... at one point he drilled one at Dent's head ... LOL! one of my buddies is from Spain so he decided that we would support Fernando admist the mostly partisan-Dent crowd ... we yelled Vamos Fernando a couple of times and got him back on track in the 2nd set ... Fernando needs to control his anger though as he swung his racquet at the ground when he lost points, leading to breaking his racquet and boos from the crowd ...

well then the rains came so we subwayed it back to Manhattan ... hopefully I will be able to go again tommorrow or Monday and give another report
Did You Not See Cappy? Shame On You

·
Banned
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
couldn't see cappy cause we only had grounds pass tickets!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.