Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be farely short as there was not much action today. Most of the main matches went quickly and I didn't see them. Men's matches were more interesting. The match I watched most was the Henin-Myskina match.

Myskina was outclassed. Henin hits out on every point and was too powerful for Myskina. Myskina did best when she hit hard. There were points though when Henin just had Myskina on the run. Also, one of the best points of the tourney was in this match.

Also, Myskina was interviewed this week on TV. I am sad to say that her teeth are just awful. I feel bad for her.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also watched Henin practice some today and took pics through a fence. One difference I noticed is that unlike other players, she hits out on every ball. She also plays every ball whether it is in or out. Most players stop hitting the ball if it is out during practice - at least from what I have seen. Henin hits anything and everything and hits it hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spotted Peng and some others today. I think the "unknowns" are juniors, but maybe people can help. Also, I tried to get on the bus which took the juniors to the indoor courts in Westchester 45 minutes away, but they would not let me. If you haven't heard, the juniors doubles is cancelled. They thought it was very important to fit in the first round of juniors, so they sent them far away to indoor courts. They took them to Sound Shore Indoor Tennis.

I added a pic of Stevenson as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Krasnorourtskaya

I also watched Krasnoroutskaya practice and play a little vs. Stevenson in mixed doubles. Stevenson continues to disappoint me. Her and Spadea posed no challenge to Lina and Nestor. What a joke.

I am going to the Open tomorrow, but will not be able to post till Sunday since I am going away for the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Srg, did you take these pics? Great stuff. Nice!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just lucky as far as the pics. I use the Sony P-5. I find if I snap enough pics, I get some good ones.

I forget to post my pics of Widjaja. I caught her walking across the grounds from the indoor courts. If you can believe it, the US Open didn't have ANY indoor courts in use until 2 days ago when they packed up some sponsors' stuff and moved them off the indoor courts.

Also, a few more pics of Lina. These are not as good.

Attachments

·
Momomental
8,576 Posts
Awesome photos srg1. Thanks for posting them.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Thanks again for sharing....can't wait to see what you get from weekend...hope you have fun!

ANYONE!!! - know who "unknown 2" and "unknown 4" from post #3 are????

·
Team WTAworld, Mr. Try Too Hard
52,159 Posts
fan22 said:
Thanks again for sharing....can't wait to see what you get from weekend...hope you have fun!

ANYONE!!! - know who "unknown 2" and "unknown 4" from post #3 are????
I don't know but I think 'Unknown 1' is Ryoko Fuda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts