Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
22,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorana was toast when she lost the first set. That's basically who she is :shrug:.

Taylor on the other hand is playing lovely serve and volley tennis. Great to see it making a comeback.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
USO R3: (Q) Townsend def Cirstea 7-5 6-2

Unpredictable run to week 2 of USO from qualifying for Taylor Townsend! Incredible stuff. How refreshing to see yet another different style of play be rewarded.

Taylor significantly improved her serve as the match went on after looking very wobbly in set 1. Woz or Bianca Andreescu next! That might be too much an ask but now, will she take this opportunity and develop her career further?

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
YASS TayTo defeated the romanian bully.

Keep going!!

OTOH what does that gesture she made after the match mean? Is she having a big dinner? :scared:

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Very likeable in the interview too :) who’d have thought that she might outperform Gauff in this slam! Said she was very determined to qualify and just wonder if that was a bit of a statement to those who didn’t offer her a MDWC.

·
Registered
17,931 Posts
Taylor!!! :inlove:

Way to back up her win over Simona Halep with yet another great match.

So refreshing to see S&V have some success on tour again! 75 points played at the net in 2 sets, which is incredible.. I love her game, I'm starting to become a fan. More than 60% of those points won too! And some of her BH winners were just :drool: 30W to 14UEs today!

Cirstea just being Cirstea :shrug: just brainlessly bashing the ball late in the 1st set and then in the 2nd too.. was up 5-4 30-30 on TT's serve and dropped 10 points in a row to lose the set. Wasted opportunity for her here, but then again it's probably better for the game that a C-rate basher loses to one with a refreshing gamestyle.

TT plays R4 against Andreescu or Wozniacki next. I think her run ends here, but well if she can continue to flummox people with her game then she may have a shot (esp. if Woz/Bianca get into a long drawn out 3 setter today).

·
Registered
14,655 Posts
Congrats TT, loved the S&V, so refreshing. Good effort Cirstea. I think this might be the end of the road for TT, facing either Caro or Andreescu.

·
Registered
23,536 Posts
Really well done to follow up her upset with a straight sets win.

Will be tough in the next match, but you never know with tennis these days...

Reactions: djb84xi

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Wow, another win for Townsend, over an accomplished player. Let hope all the "haters" out there will leave her alone, and she can progress in the tournament. Congrats Taylor - and to all you "haters" - being kind is always better then hitting below the belt.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts