Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Anyone who finds Kenin annoying should try watching Siegemund for 30 minutes.It might give them a whole new perspective on life.:angel:

Well done to Kenin on yet another win.

Go Maddy! :cheer:

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone who finds Kenin annoying should try watching Siegemund for 30 minutes.It might give them a whole new perspective on life.:angel:

Well done to Kenin on yet another win.

Go Maddy! :cheer:
I find Kenin very refreshing to watch. You just get the sense that she wants to win more than just about anyone else.

·
Registered
35,862 Posts
I've never seen a young American have these kind of results and get such little attention. Not that she's seeking it, but wins in the last three months over Serena, Barty, Svitolina (twice) and Osaka (by retirement, but still)...the USTA could and should be doing a much better job of hyping her up, especially she might be the No. 2 American by the end of the year.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I've never seen a young American have these kind of results and get such little attention. Not that she's seeking it, but wins in the last three months over Serena, Barty, Svitolina (twice) and Osaka (by retirement, but still)...the USTA could and should be doing a much better job of hyping her up, especially she might be the No. 2 American by the end of the year.
Good points, but maybe she doesn't like the spotlight? While I don't know how gregarious she is, some players would just rather lay low. I'm OK with that, and she might be, as long as she can focus on what's important: winning tennis matches.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm kind of okay with it. Let her keep building on her success without having to deal with too much pressure too fast. The hype will come along with good results in slams.

·
Registered
34,231 Posts
There are a lot of up-and-coming American players. Not such a bad thing to fly under the radar avoiding hype. I'd rather be in Kenin's position than Gauff's. US always support their players, I don't worry about that, I worry about the ones that become Oudins.

·
Banned
32,000 Posts
Unfair to have Keys vs Kenin in R3 :tears:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I find Kenin very refreshing to watch. You just get the sense that she wants to win more than just about anyone else.
Was very impressed with her last match against Maddy. When Maddy is firing a lot of these players have the attitude "Oh well nothing to be done - I'll try again another day" but not Kenin.

Maddy will know she will have a fight on her hands yet again.

Which on the plus side means she hopefully won't come out and play baseball for the entire first set.:eek:h:

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
First set tiebreak
4-3 Kenin.....the chair calls a time warning on Siegemund. The highly emotional Sieg loses the tiebreak 4-7.
Sieg then loses the 2nd set 6-0.
-
The chair should never call a time warning in a tiebreak, unless it is super egregious.
The time clock is meant to shorten the main part of the match, and not the tiebreak.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First set tiebreak
4-3 Kenin.....the chair calls a time warning on Siegemund. The highly emotional Sieg loses the tiebreak 4-7.
Sieg then loses the 2nd set 6-0.
-
The chair should never call a time warning in a tiebreak, unless it is super egregious.
The time clock is meant to shorten the main part of the match, and not the tiebreak.
Have to completely disagree. It is designed to speed up play of the matches in general and a tiebreak is still a part of that match. You would also be rewarding the player that is not playing within the rules and that wouldn't be fair to a player like Kenin who is always ready to serve on time.

·
Registered
21,896 Posts
Ziggy did NOT play :music:

Reactions: Shifty-Eyed Dog

·
Premium Member
37,253 Posts
what? :spit: the tiebreak is as much part of the match as everything else.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
if you include the tiebreak as a game, kenin won 13 of the last 16 games as she was 3-0 down.

as always with her, her determination & fighting spirit has beaten yet another player.
love her consistancy, infact because of that, her chances of beating keys is massive.

you always know what you get with sonya, not quite so with keys ( well, you get plenty of ballbashing, you're just not sure where the ball will land on any given day)

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Kenin :yeah: She is the most underrated and underhyped WTA player.

Laura :hug: She played surprisingly aggressive tennis. Close match until tiebreak.

Both very smart players. Laura has an entertaining game and Kenin has beautiful strokes :hearts:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts