Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a clean match by any means. 4/18 break points won by Barty really needs to be looked at. Davis is always a tough match though for the top players.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Nice try Lauren :wavey:
Good job by Ash closing out the TB after trailing in the second set :cheer:

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Two short, 5'-2 and 5'-5, players with similar games, but Barty is simply the more powerful and better player.
I watched the match from, 5-3 Davis 2nd set, and it was just a matter of time until Barty won.
Davis had 6 DFs, but it appeared that many of those came near the end of the match.
Winners B-35 D-13
UFEs B-38 D-35 (a lot of long rallies produced a number of UFEs, whenever Davis tried to put extra juice on the ball she missed)
-
Bad day for the USO as rain cancelled most of the matches.

·
Registered
10,109 Posts

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
elaborate
even though she played a good high quality tennis in the 1st set (facing a girl on one leg who could barely move), she was very shaky and mental at the end of the match and did absolutely nothing to convert those MPs she had before the breaker as if she had no clue what to do and pushed it with BH to get Davis's UE to finish it. it ruined the whole impression that the match was good on her side.

i'm expecting her to lose in 3/4R. it depends on who she's to play. no point to make it to serena to keep getting pigeonised, she's not ready and doesn't want it, it seems. it's in the eye, she gets second thoughts about the draw, i think. is that enough?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Was a poor match...Ash had so many bad UEs and was missing some routine slices..I don't see Ash winning the title by playing this way...she is there for taking

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Ash not playing well at all. However, she managed to reach Cincy SF playing mediocre tennis, so I hope she can grind out a few more wins!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I'm hoping it's the opposite of Wimbledon where she cruised and then failed when it got tough against Riske. I'm glad she's had some tough moments already to so she is match tough!
Does need to cut down on those UE's and convert BP's a lot better though!

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,019 Posts
Lauren :hug:

Barty's not making it to QF and not stealing the n.1 spot again, not with that slice and push-push tennis.
That "push-push tennis" earned Barty 35 winners in two sets. To put that in proper perspective, that is 6 winners more than Ostapenko managed in her 1st round match. Just sayin'.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts