Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23,257 Posts
nothing too fancy, she wasn't even playing that good like she did against martincova. high percentage on first delivery was plenty, mariam couldn't handle it for the most part.

and for the record: the georgian def is a cutie, hope to see more of her in the future. :yeah:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Bolkvadze was so so bad.
What a stupid post match question :facepalm: since Karo has a twin sister, Interviewer asked Pliskova if she ever talked to Roger about him having 2 sets of twins

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
Bolkvadze was horrible except for the latter part of the 2nd set which made it a little more competitive, could have easily been 6-1 6-1 :shrug: good experience for her, but nothing in her game particularly stood out for me and her serve is a massive liability.

I can't gauge if Pliskova actually played well today because her opponent didn't really make her play many extended rallies. Her serve was better than the 1st round though if anything, but the gulf in returning between Martincova and Bolkvadze was extremely large too so it probably explains her serving level today compared to 2 days ago.

Jabeur or Sasnovich in R3 would probably be more challenging for Karo.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Could've been over sooner, Karo has really been making some ridiculous UEs here. But imo it's better if she has her bad days at the beginning of her slam campaign. Of course, as long as they don't last until later :lol:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Bolkvadze was so so bad.
What a stupid post match question :facepalm: since Karo has a twin sister, Interviewer asked Pliskova if she ever talked to Roger about him having 2 sets of twins
Ikr. I was actually in disbelief that I heard her right at first. Absolutely ridiculous :lol:

Reactions: Kurmay3Katti

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Bolkvadze does not have much in her game to trouble top players. At some point Pliskova struggled to remain awaken because of the precipitous difference between the two.

·
Registered
115,577 Posts
One of the best players to have never won a major. This is the tournament she came closest, her best surface
I like her draw to the QF, maybe Konta in R of 16. Then she will have a tough match(Svitolina, Keys,Kenin..) then probably Serena in the semi

·
Registered
15,923 Posts
More promising than her 1st round encounter. Ka Pliskova is doing ok so far. 3rd round will be a mental test as she’s so flaky at the slams compared to non slams.

·
Registered
21,970 Posts
Bolkvadze didn't deserve to be on the same court with Princess Karolina during the first set, it was frankly embarrassing.

It got a little more competitive in the 2nd, but that seemed to be more because KP was bored by that point.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts