Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
42,290 Posts
US Open R1: Its a blood bath Venus Williams Crushes/Swats/Destroys Zheng 61 60

Call it what you want, this was shockingly good,

How Zheng won a Premier, or even worse how the other 29 ladies in the draw let her win, Including Venus :spit:

Grandma certainly is not done yet.

At least they have time to clean the court from this massacre...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Venus Williams d. Saisai Zheng 6-1 6-0

This was a just a devastating, brutal display from Venus. From the get-go, she has just been hitting the ball cleanly with so much pace. Amazing movement side to side. While not perfect, even her serve was the best it's been in forever - a larger number of her first serves were 110+ mph.

Zheng was reduced to nearly a spectator on the court. She honestly didn't even play that badly - there were some good points and by the second set she was trying everything she could - moving Venus side to side, drop shots, awkward slices. There was even a great approach shot by Zheng deep and hard to the backhand corner which Venus just destroyed with a backhand down the line The fact of the matter is Zheng was simply not allowed to execute any sort of proactive game for 80% of this match because Venus was just immediately putting her in trouble. It's crazy to think Zheng won a premier event only a couple months ago - but this match I think says little about her form.

So stoked as a Venus fan. She hasn't played this well since 2017 (and even then, I can't remember a match this brutal that year). I know it probably won't last, but if Venus can keep this form, she will curb-stomp Svitolina. I know it probably won't last, but seeing Venus playing like this makes you believe she could win the tournament.

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
Re: US Open R1: Its a blood bath Venus Williams Crushes/Swats/Destroys Zheng 61 60

I live.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
US Open R1: Queenus Williams d. SaiSai 6-1 6-0

Queen put her 2000-01 braids in and CAME TO PLAY! I haven't seen this kind of tennis from her since 2017. Such a vintage and nostalgic performance! Positive start to the tournament!

4 Aces!
24 winners!!
:worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
statement performance "don't forget about me" Svitolina in danger.....

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
Back to reality for Sai Sai. Lol. Nice to see Venus play so well. Can she string it together though?....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: US Open R1: V.Williams d. Zheng 61 60

Venus our here playing like it’s the year 2000 and she had her Wheaties for breakfast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Poor SaiSai, right now when she was rasing to stars ...

Reactions: Dostoyevsky

·
Registered
23,257 Posts
venus not having even a yotta of the moonballs by the pusher def is some sight to behold. thanks for your service, granny. :worship:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The lesson she deserved!
Did she complete the Barthel Slam?
Tx Venus, great display and riddance!

·
Registered
703 Posts
SaiSai crashing back down to earth after fluke San Jose P470 win courtesy of Sabalenka failing to find the court in the final. It takes very special skill set to lose 6-1, 6-0 against granny Venus. At least Ying-Ying had an excuse @ 2017 AO because she can't run. Let's see how much Vee will be able to do against Pusholina in R2.

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
This was a just a devastating, brutal display from Venus. From the get-go, she has just been hitting the ball cleanly with so much pace. Amazing movement side to side. While not perfect, even her serve was the best it's been in forever - a larger number of her first serves were 110+ mph.

Zheng was reduced to nearly a spectator on the court. She honestly didn't even play that badly - there were some good points and by the second set she was trying everything she could - moving Venus side to side, drop shots, awkward slices. There was even a great approach shot by Zheng deep and hard to the backhand corner which Venus just destroyed with a backhand down the line The fact of the matter is Zheng was simply not allowed to execute any sort of proactive game for 80% of this match because Venus was just immediately putting her in trouble. It's crazy to think Zheng won a premier event only a couple months ago - but this match I think says little about her form.

So stoked as a Venus fan. She hasn't played this well since 2017 (and even then, I can't remember a match this brutal that year). I know it probably won't last, but if Venus can keep this form, she will curb-stomp Svitolina. I know it probably won't last, but seeing Venus playing like this makes you believe she could win the tournament.
she had a fire I havent seen in years. She gritted her fist before ever return as if you say This is mine.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Re: US Open R1: Queenus Williams d. SaiSai 6-1 6-0

Venus charming as ever in her on court interview :). Keep going and keep playing!!

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Venus :hearts: So happy she's back to playing a lot better again. I think this is the best she has looked since beating Azarenka in Auckland. She looked great at the start of the season but movement and explosiveness looked even better today.
If she keeps up this level throughout the tournament she has great chances to go deeper.

Loved how hungry and determined she was today. So many come ons and fist pumps. Perfect R1 record in NYC lives for another year also.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts