Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it done in the end, out of top 100 if she does not defend her points from last year :scared::eek:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Malek totally deserved to lose. How can you be serving for the match (2nd set 5-3), have 3 MP and not try to convert at least one of them? She just kept hitting her dull slices and Kanepi saved all 3 MP with big forehands.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Peaking for her favourite Slam again :cheer:

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Kaia coming through for the money!

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Maria had over 10 aces, Kanepi was really struggling to break her serve. But she got there, and is almost back to the top 100.

:cheer:

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
Both Marias out :eek:

·
Registered
21,964 Posts
I'm betting this was painful to watch.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I'm so elated Kaia turned it around.
She always does well at the USO and when I saw on the live score that she'd lost the first set I worried about a 1R exit.
Whew!

·
Registered
15,905 Posts
I like both players so would have been happy either way. Haven’t checked her section of the draw but it wouldn’t surprise me if she went on another slam run to the quarter-finals, increasing her mummifying on the way.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Maria was served double bagel last time she played Vekic.
Maybe even better for her she lost in R1.

Not for Donna, I think Kanepi will be bad match up for her.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
That was a real roller coaster of a match. :lol: Even the tb, Kaia won the first 4 points in style, and I thought: here we go! Then she lost the next 4 points. You could never relax watching this match, that's for sure. :)

·
Registered
115,554 Posts
I've seen Kanepi win and lose these kinds of matches. This was a good ending

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
I saw the end of the second set and some of the third set. The match really was on Kanepi's racquet - Maria was not making any winners, just getting the ball back and mixing it up well but Kanepi found her game just in time!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Kanepi is so up and down, plays 1 game awful then two solid games then again awful then amazing...no clue what to expect of her.
If she played well whole match she would have won in two sets.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts