Tennis Forum banner

Who will win US Open R1: Bouchard or (12) Sevastova?

• Genie in 2

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Genie in 3

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Anastasija in 2

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Anastasija in 3

Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
It's like cool epilepsy.
65,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anastasija has been quite poor recently, but I imagine she should win this over Genie? :unsure:

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
on G's racket.

·
La nuit je mens
86,899 Posts
Sevastova loves the USO. Easy 2.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,393 Posts
This is Nastja's home. Doesn't matter what her form is going in, she always plays well here. For the record, her form wasn't great going in during 2016 to 2018 either. But during those three years she has notched up a record of quarterfinal, quarterfinal and last year semifinal. Only Keys and Pliskova have won more singles matches at the US Open in the last three years. They have won 14. Nastja has won 13. Bouchard in contrast has won only 1 match at the US Open over the last three years. Her victory came over a wildcard ranked 396. Eugenie has also lost her last 11 matches and hasn't won a match since February.

I think Nastja is going to win this one. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bouchard's goals for the match?

1. Avoid humiliating defeat. Try to get more than 2 games per set.
  2. Take picture of Asian kid in the audience and post those pictures on social media over the next 3 months in order to secure Asian followers in order to tap into lucrative Asian market. For reference, please check her social media with pictures of other Asian kids.
  3. Say something controversial pre and post match in order to secure more media coverage.
  4. Do anything Kyrgios wants to ensure he'll play mixed doubles with you, thus extending your play time at US Open.
Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
14,455 Posts
I am surprised Genie even made the MD. Svevastova should win this pretty comfortably. She's pretty consistent and Genie is too inconsistent. Plus, Svevastova typically does well at the US Open. Genie would have to redline to win this

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Sevastova's basically Pennetta 2.0 in being "meh" at the slams but then consistently doing great at the US Open. I can't see Genie winning this. But go lose 2&3 kween! :hearts: :cheer:

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
I am hoping for an EPIC shit-fest...

:drool:

Please gawd, let there be some hair-pulling...

:eek:h:

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I am surprised Genie even made the MD. Svevastova should win this pretty comfortably. She's pretty consistent and Genie is too inconsistent. Plus, Svevastova typically does well at the US Open. Genie would have to redline to win this
It's due to the fact that she had a high enough ranking at time of the MD cutoff for the USO.

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Bouchard's been playing well lately. The result is not yet showing.
I think she'll win this match, or come very close.
Let's do it! The Genie Army has been missing in action for a couple of years. It's more than time to activate it with a couple of big wins.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Except for the event in Latvia, which she won, Sevastova's result lately have not been that good.
Bouchard is on an 11 match losing streak, but 7 of those matches went to 3 sets.
This match depends on which Sevastova and which Bouchard shows up.
It's a pick'um 50/50, and I stand firmly by that pick.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Except for the event in Latvia, which she won, Sevastova's result lately have not been that good.
Bouchard is on an 11 match losing streak, but 7 of those matches went to 3 sets.
This match depends on which Sevastova and which Bouchard shows up.
It's a pick'um 50/50, and I stand firmly by that pick.
There’s gonna come a point pretty quick here where Genie is gonna realize that if she doesn’t get some points, she’ll be forced to play on the ITF circuit for the foreseeable future... Does she want that? I doubt it...

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
Bouchard's been playing well lately. The result is not yet showing.
I think she'll win this match, or come very close.
Let's do it! The Genie Army have been missing in action for a couple of years. It's more than time to activate them with a couple of big wins.
She's been playing well lately but is on a 11-match long losing streak. Something does not add up. :p

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Given the impossibility that both lose, alas, I dislike so much Sevastova's game, and I am so scared she could be a top 10 :facepalm:, this is the one and only time that I would second Genie! >:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts