Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! This is how I want to see Kiki play, forward, offensive, making the game instead of reacting to what's coming. :yeah: It looked like she has been working on her BH in the past week she was in NY, it had a lot more pop today. It could also just be that Badosa was unable to put much pressure on that wing.

Badosa was actually not playing bad, lots of good rallies, she was in this match. Kiki won all the important points though and that made the difference.

Please keep playing this offensive Kiki, you'll need it against Pavs or else AO will happen all over again.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,091 Posts
I dunno what to expect from Kiki here. Since Madrid she really failed under pressure, but i really hope she's very motivated to finally make a slamrun. I think the draw is kind enough for a good run. On the other hand, i can also see her going out at any stage, if the serve is as bad as it is since madrid. Forehand was getting better in the last weeks, hopefully the same will happen to the backhand and serve over the coming week.

Reactions: aafx

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I think the slightly tougher match a few weeks ago in Palermo might have helped her against PBG today! Great to see Bertens get a win. Pavs is going to be tough, but by now she should know what to expect (esp. after the win in St Petersburg), and if she gets through it she could do something on this side of the draw.

·
Registered
115,518 Posts
I think Bertens is a little under the radar this major. She is very dangerous if she doesnt think there are expectations on her
I think this soft quarter was made for Pavlyuchenkova, and Bertens is the big threat in round 2

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Only saw a bit of this match but Bertens will be happy to be out on court 17 with no one really having her in their picks for the title. The fast courts should suit her game and hopefully she can get her serve going like it was earlier in the season

1 - 5 of 5 Posts