Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting up today's pictures will take awhile. I will start with Jackson and Kapros. Thought Jackson would give Kapros more trouble than she did. Jackson just was not able to put the ball away. Seemed as though she was playing defense the whole time. She is very short which is a problem. Kapros didn't impress me. Oddly, she would periodically push a serve in instead of hitting it hard. She did the same with groundstrokes. Don't know the purpose.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Groenefeld v. Rodionova

This was a fun match. Rodionova kept screeching and whining about calls. At one point, she was upset and was going to hit the ball against the wall. There was a ballboy standing there, so she stopped momentarily. Then, she hit it anyway. Just missed the ballboy. Groenefeld was too much for Rodionova. Rodionova is a cute, smallish girl. Groenefeld is large and had too much power for her. Groenefeld could probably be even better if she lost some weight. I think she flattened out her shots since last year, but I am not sure.

Attachments

·
SMUstang,
8,430 Posts
thanks for the snyder pics

tough day for my girls though :sad:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dulko v. Ahl

Dulko is a very slight, pretty woman with a solid all around game. She moves fluidly and is extremely feminine. A pleasure to watch. I didn't think she would have trouble with Ahl, but she lost the 2nd set. Dulko came back strong in the third. Being only around 5'5", Dulko may have trouble breaking into the top 20. She doesn't have a ton of power, but should be able to get the job done against the top 50-100 players in the world in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tu v. Geznenge

Just a pic. This match took forever. I think it was mentioned in another thread. Every time I came back to see if it was over, it was the same set!! You can see the difference in size between the two players in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yan v. Rao

This was an interesting match. Rao was pretty annoyed after she lost. I think Yan was and is the better player though. Rao has improved from last year, but she is still some distance away from a consistent top 100 spot. Again, I think there is a little belly issue that needs to be taken care of. She is smooth around the court, but does not have great speed or power.

Yan is soooo thin. Yet, she runs powerfly. I like her potential. Another woman and myself chatted with her coach a little. He said he works for the government and seemed proud of Yan's development.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.