Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
15,293 Posts

·
You are not likeable,but I like you
4,359 Posts
I hope Qiang is, but she did mention earlier this year in an interview she would probably end up withdrawing from USO despite having to defend QFist points, and she didn't enter Cincy or Montreal either, so she will probably withdraw here.

As for Shuai, I don't know why but she seemingly gets to skip all of these Chinese Tennis Association things, however she did play national games in 2017 so i don't know either😶
Shuai Z would play all the US hardcourt swings this year,I don think she would play any Chinese National games any more,she want to focus on her own career now

·
Registered
15,293 Posts
I think the correct word is "still" rather than "again."
She though returned after that very long injury break and played tournaments for some time.

What kind of injury does she have now?

·
La nuit je mens
91,367 Posts
One week to soon for Dodin. Too bad.

Reactions: Jow

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have a feeling this might be Pironkova's last GS. She doesn't seem too interested in playing enough to earn a ranking enabling her to enter events, and she's going to lose a ton of points after this tournament.
Not sure if it will be her last, but it seems COVID kinda messed up her plan for the comeback - think she was planning on traveling with her son to some of the tournaments, so she's now playing a part-time schedule to not be away from him for most of the year. I can still see her playing qualies at the slams and a few other tournaments here and there next year if her ranking allows that, but we'll see.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Rennae Stubbbs was talking on the Olympic Channel (for Olympic tennis coverage) and she said that she talked to Carla and the Olympics might be her last tournament

·
Registered
36,786 Posts
Rennae Stubbbs was talking on the Olympic Channel (for Olympic tennis coverage) and she said that she talked to Carla and the Olympics might be her last tournament
I think she was just confused. She seemed to think Carla hadn't entered the US Open, but she has.

·
Registered
55,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Q list added in post #1

Players missing from Q:

#105 Flipkens (MDO)
#110 V.Williams (MDO)
#124 Gasparyan
#131 Bouchard
#132 Peng
#135 X.Wang
#140 Y.Wang
#143 X.Wang
#144 Bellis
#150 Townsend
#161 Q.Zheng
#174 Strycova
#216 X.You

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
China National Games doesn’t begin until USO finishes, why do they have to withdraw from the slam? it’s not like they’ll all make deep runs anyway.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Q list added in post #1

Players missing from Q:

#105 Flipkens (MDO)
#110 V.Williams (MDO)
#124 Gasparyan
#131 Bouchard
#132 Peng
#135 X.Wang
#140 Y.Wang