Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say there are no surprises or 'hidden secrets of the match' to be found in the stats this time. Kim 40 unforced errors and 12 winners. Game, set, match

Code:
                      Clijsters     Henin-Hardenne
                      -----------   -----------
Winners (Inc. Svc)            12            18
Unforced Errors               40            20 

Aces                           0             2 
Double Faults                  4             2 

Total Points Won              51            69

1st Serve%            40/60 = 67%   29/60 = 48% 

Win% on 1st Serve    19/40 = 48%   24/29 = 83% 
Win% on 2nd Serve     07/20 = 35%   11/31 = 35% 

Break Point Convs     02/08 = 25%   06/08 = 75%

Net Approaches        06/16 = 38%   13/20 = 65%

Fastest Serve             110 MPH       108 MPH 
Ave 1st Serve Speed        94 MPH       100 MPH 
Ave 2nd Serve Speed        84 MPH        82 MPH

·
Registered
730 Posts
So basically she did choke- there's no way a player who with such risk free ground strokes and defensive tennis should make that many errors....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
villa said:
So basically she did choke- there's no way a player who with such risk free ground strokes and defensive tennis should make that many errors....
I like Kim alot more than Justine however she did choke... If Justine really was blowing away Kim then how do u explain the 51 to 69 point difference? If Kim had reduced her unforced errors by half she could have won this match. Kim had her opportunitys and refused to take advantage. :(

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
There's no question she choked. And it wasn't because she was being too impulsive and going for the winner too quickly. Often, she made her unforced error deep into a rally when she was in position. She just failed to execute a shot she should have made.

This was a two set fight against her nerves for Kim and once again, her nerves won the battle.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,879 Posts
Sorry to say there are no surprises or 'hidden secrets of the match' to be found in the stats this time. Kim 40 unforced errors and 12 winners. Game, set, match
Exactly- To me these stats prove that Kim was indeed sloppy, and her opponent did nothing really special. :tape: :tape:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
The most revealing number to me here is her % of first serve points won. 48%!! Justine is 83%, much more normal for a top player. I think this statistic is the most significant, because it is the number you have the most control over. Especially on a hard court, a top player should be able to dictate the point when they get their first serve in.
The unf. errors did come late into the rallies, but Kim was not controlling the points when she had the chance.

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Infiniti2001 said:
Exactly- To me these stats prove that Kim was indeed sloppy, and her opponent did nothing really special. :tape: :tape:
Her opponent didn't NEED to do anything special. Justine made Kim work. She was consistent, allowed the rallies to be long and p[retty much only went for winners that were there. When Kim Got to 5-5, justine stepped it up a notch. I've seen her play two levels better. She didn't need to.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Yes, so this means, the Clijsters-clan shouldn't explain Justine's win by the fact she takes drugs. But, they should be thinking it was Kim's fault if she lost

1 - 9 of 9 Posts