Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
52,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, post your BOLD prediction who are going to be in the final and who will win it..

So far after New HAven, this is what it should look like :

Kim Clijsters vs Jennifer Capriati

Take note, Kim should feel relieve after both of her opponent-to-be in QF (Momo) and SF (Lindz) are injured at the moment.. If both players are injured-free (Hopefully!!) these three had an equal chance to make it into final.. the edge, Kim Clijsters..

The bottom draw is either Jen or Henin.. This is it.. Jenny played a superb tennis in New Haven (though she should have beaten both Bovina and Anna in straight sets.. however, this shows that she IS NOT OLD.. her fitnees is fine.. and she's on fire..) I expect Jenny would win the semis by a nose..

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
that would be anice final, i wanted venus-kim but well that isn't possible anymore :sad:
Yep I say Kim-Jen now, Jen must have confidence now after getting her first title in ages, even if it was courtesy of her two toughest opponents retiring :p

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
No way I still think what is going to happen is Clijsters will lose early and so will Davenport (because of her new injury)! Rubin should get to the final if Davenport isn't healthy! If Davenport plays and is healthy Rubin will lose in the QF's but she'll get far if the draw works her way! Look for a Rubin-Cappy Final or a Rubin-Henin-Hardenne Final!

Winner of a Rubin-Henin-Hardenne Final = Rubin

Winner of a Rubin-Cappy Final = Too close to call!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
alextreiber03 said:
No way I still think what is going to happen is Clijsters will lose early and so will Davenport (because of her new injury)! Rubin should get to the final if Davenport isn't healthy! If Davenport plays and is healthy Rubin will lose in the QF's but she'll get far if the draw works her way! Look for a Rubin-Cappy Final or a Rubin-Henin-Hardenne Final!

Winner of a Rubin-Henin-Hardenne Final = Rubin

Winner of a Rubin-Cappy Final = Too close to call!
A little biased are we? ;)

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I think one of the following

Clijsters vs. Henin
W: Henin

Clisjters vs. Bovina
W: Clijsters

Clijsters vs. Dementieva
W: (!) Demenetieva

or

? vs. Henin
W: Henin

? vs. Bovina
W: Bovina

? vs. Dementieva
W: Dementieva

Ok Ok Ok, It's Obvious that Capriati & Davenport is missing

The reason why is because her Pilot Pen win isn't really a win.

I dunno if anyone has forgotten but Jen has a HORRIBLE record against players ranked ahead of her, shes one a handfull of those matches since her comeback. And most all were against Hingis.

She WONT beat Henin-Hardenee.
She PROBABLY wont beat Dementieva
She PROBABLY wont beat Bovina, if Elena has figured out what she did wrong

She PROBABLY will beat Sharapova, but I wouldn't be suprised if she lost.

Is it that I dont like Jen? Well pretty much :p but seriously, stats dont lie. Stats say she makes the SF at best. But unless Elena X pulls a choke job in the SF, no further.

With Lindsay, now I like Lindsay, I really do.
But I dont see her getting to the second week on that foot. Especially with Krasnoroutskaya in her path.

·
Banned
822 Posts
My heart says: Jennifer vs Lindsay
My mind says: Justine vs Kim

·
Banned
822 Posts
With Lindsay injured now, Kim seems to have an easy path to the final. I really don't have a doubt about her reaching there. As for Justine, she has Jennifer in her half. I think if they face off, the outcome will be anybody's guess. I think winning New Heaven was a big confidence booster for Jennifer not because she beat top players but the fact she has won her first title in 18 months which is a crazily long drought. So it will be an interesting semifinal match up.
So the final will be played between either Jen and Kim or Justine and Kim.

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Hey, Jen was winnig both matches by a set b4 her opponents even called the trainer
I'm not saying Jen didn't deserve the title she did, just I htink that actually finishing off the matches both against higher ranked players would have been better for her confidence than them reitiring. But hope I'm wrong and she makes the final.

Stick by my Jen-Kim final prediction :)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Mauresmo - Henin-Hardenne

I think Kim might lose to Amelie, Vera/Karolina or Svetlana when she's not on top of her game. An injured Lindsay may lose to Petrova and Petrova may beat Rubin in the quarters. So the semis would be Mauresmo - Petrova & Capriati/Dementieva - Henin-Hardenne.

And Serena to hand out the trophies to her biggest nemesises of the year ;)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Nemesis said:
Mauresmo - Henin-Hardenne

I think Kim might lose to Amelie, Vera/Karolina or Svetlana when she's not on top of her game. An injured Lindsay may lose to Petrova and Petrova may beat Rubin in the quarters. So the semis would be Mauresmo - Petrova & Capriati/Dementieva - Henin-Hardenne.

And Serena to hand out the trophies to her biggest nemesises of the year ;)
No no now ;)

Kim will plays the final against Capriati or Henin-Hardenne

(BTW: Davenport is gonna lose in the first round against Els Callens ;))

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
think Kim might lose to Amelie, Vera/Karolina or Svetlana when she's not on top of her game.
You think Kim would lose to sprem :eek: Kim just beat Kuznetsova easy in LA and didn't play her best in that match, she beat Vera here last year not playing her best and well vera aint at her best at the moment. Amelie has a shot for sure but is she at the top of her game :confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.