Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the US Open has put up some extended highlights, 20+ min, of some of the top matches on YouTube--- US Open Tennis ---
-
Happy to see them do that. A lot better than the 3 min highlights for those that missed the matches.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Now only if the highlights weren't put together my jingoistic American tards. The 15 minute extended highlights showed Serena winning 2/3 points despite getting her ass kicked. They literally even showed more points that Serena won than Bianca in the first 6 games of the second set, when Bianca was up 5-1 :lol:

Pathetic.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Wish other slams also can start doing this. I used to think French Open's YT channel was bad but recently I realized that Wimbledon's YT channel is even worse when it comes to highlights....lot of their videos aren't even accessible in US. Their highlights are pathetic...I was trying o find highlights of some good Wimbledon matches previously but I couldn't find a proper highlights video on YT. If any other channel makes highlights, they take them down straight away (which is fine if they are atleast making some good highlights but they aren't even doing it).

·
Registered
903 Posts
Now only if the highlights weren't put together my jingoistic American tards. The 15 minute extended highlights showed Serena winning 2/3 points despite getting her ass kicked. They literally even showed more points that Serena won than Bianca in the first 6 games of the second set, when Bianca was up 5-1 :lol:

Pathetic.
I don't think its that conspiratorial.

If I were editing a tennis match, the points I would want to keep in order of importance:

1) Key winning points that affect the outcome of the match (ie: match point, set points, game/break points)
2) Incredible points with impossible shots or insane rallies
3) Points that end in a winner.

Points I would not keep are short points (less than 5 shots) that end in UEs. Especially anything into the net. And I would not keep aces or DFs.

So a player that has a lot of winners in their match has a greater propensity of making the highlight reel. Serena hit 14 more winners than Bianca, some in spectacular fashion (like the overhead at the net where she almost hit Bianca). But she also had 16 more UEs than Bianca, so while she had more spectacular winning points, her losing points cost her the match.

So statistically speaking the highlight reel would show more Serena winners because she simply won more.

It's my completely speculative and unfounded perspective based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the editors of the USO YouTube channel aren't anti-Bianca insomuch as they are anti-boring tennis. And Bianca won a lot of her points off Serena mistakes (which aren't exciting to watch).

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
And they still have the Venus vs Svitolina match that cuts midway through the 2nd set.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i really really miss the old highlights videos that used to be on youtube ,my tennis watching experience has been much worse without them:(
The great old highlights that showed every point, but cut out the dead time between points.
I preferred that to watching the match live, but money rules.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts