·
Registered
54,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
54,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vandeweghe (who is playing doubles here) and Bellis (playing in Lexington) not using their SR to play. Maybe WC confirmed for them?

Gavrilova was in the preliminary list with her SR but disappeared some days ago...

·
Registered
54,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, obviously not having qualifiers here, if there is a withdrawal after the MD is done the "lucky loser" will be the highest singles ranked doubles player who signs as an on site alternate.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Shuai Zhang did enter. Also Xu entered the doubles with Melichar.
Sharma and Cabrera are in MD too
Good!! I love Zhang Shuai (integrity devaluation). Hope she brings some good tennis and snatches some weaves 🙏🙏🙏 she's excellent on hardcourt when she is focused.

Reactions: Scrubaball

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
BTW, obviously not having qualifiers here, if there is a withdrawal after the MD is done the "lucky loser" will be the highest singles ranked doubles player who signs as an on site alternate.
Players like Muhammed, Mattek-Sands and Dolehide then. Would be fun if lots of players withdraw late and Dabrowski and Melichar get to play.

·
Registered
44,248 Posts
Shuai Zhang did enter. Also Xu entered the doubles with Melichar.
Sharma and Cabrera are in MD too
What about Inglis? I was honestly shocked to find out she is ranked #114. Probably the highest ranked player I have never really seen at all.
Is Xiyu Wang entered?

Massive chance for Korpatsch and Kawa to contest a slam MD. Wonder if they will make the trip to the US.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Now....everyone's favorite game...who will drop out???

·
Registered
54,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@spiceboy when is the doubles entry deadline?
Entries Close at 12 noon (EST) on Tuesday August 18.

With only 28 teams as direct entries (usually being 57) is going to be all top 50 players around.

·
Registered
16,107 Posts
What about Inglis? I was honestly shocked to find out she is ranked #114. Probably the highest ranked player I have never really seen at all.
Is Xiyu Wang entered?

Massive chance for Korpatsch and Kawa to contest a slam MD. Wonder if they will make the trip to the US.
They are both in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Players like Muhammed, Mattek-Sands and Dolehide then. Would be fun if lots of players withdraw late and Dabrowski and Melichar get to play.

That won't be fun at all, that'll be a disgrace.

All US players in the Top 300, or even further down, should make the trip to NYC, they've got a lot to gain. No need to let the doubles players gobble up that cash.

1 - 20 of 786 Posts