Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
SharaFamily
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maria will be #22 seed

She will face: Goerges, Ostapenko, Kasatkina, Muguruza, Bertens, Keys, Mertens, Venus in R3. Hopefully she will get Kasatkina.

Hopefully she will get easy opponent in 1st 2 round. No Azarenka or Kuznetsova please :p

* Us open draw ceremony will start on Thursday, August 23, 2-3 pm

* Maria Sharapova's outfits in US Open.

Good Luck Maria!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
For those not beaten into weary submission, according to Gabriela Taylor's* instastories, Maria is hitting at the USOpen now.

* Yes I am faintly embarrassed to be following her.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Serena is gonna be seeded too, so she will be #21 even if Buzarnescu does withdraw, which she almost certainly will.

·
Registered
231 Posts
And how does her wearing a wristband mean injury? What injury can the freaking wristband help heal? It's not like she's wearing the sleeves like last year.
Some wrist bands can be used to prevent mild strains./ discomfort whilst going through the motion of your stroke. Hope it’s a normal sweat band though :shrug:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Last time she wore a normal sweatband it was indeed to cover up wrist taping, which subsequently caused her to withdraw from the US Open, in 2015. But hopefully that's not the case this time.

·
SharaFamily
21,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last time she wore a normal sweatband it was indeed to cover up wrist taping, which subsequently caused her to withdraw from the US Open, in 2015. But hopefully that's not the case this time.
Do you have anypictue. I'm short memory guy :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's so hard to know what kinda form Maria will be in. Usually I worry about the draw but after seeing her draw for Wimbledon, which I thought was decent until R3 against Ostapenko, I'm just gonna take each match as they come.

I'm guessing Maria wil play her first match during the night session.
I would love to see her repeat last year's performance or go one further to the QF.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts