Registered
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I'll be there as well the first 2 days!

Can I ask a question?

Why does the army consider the 2012 US Open Final better than 2013?

2012 was not that good to me.

The first set was decent.
The 2nd set was terrible.
The 3rd set was trash in the middle.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts

Can I ask a question?

I liked 2013 better. Overall it was much better quality, even with Serena's choke in the second set.

2012 just had the third set drama and Serena coming back from being 2 points away from losing.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
This tournament is cursed.....but good luck Serena.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Really hope she can play pain free and without injury..get that damn #24 queen!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I liked 2013 better. Overall it was much better quality, even with Serena's choke in the second set.

2012 just had the third set drama and Serena coming back from being 2 points away from losing.
Just to add to this: I think 2012 gets the nod because of how anti-climatic the 2013 3rd set was. All that drama at the end of the 2nd and the 3rd set was over in a flash. Fridge put up a fight the first few games but let Serena run the last few games in a hurry. That ended up being the trend of most of their future matches.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts

Can I ask a question?

I was stressed in that 2012 final. That entire final set I was like wtf is happening. When Azarenka went up 5-3 I was like guess its over. Then Serena held and I was like well lets see how this plays out. I think the drama made the match. 2013 should have never went 3 in the first place and Vika used all her energy just to win the 2nd. By the time you went to pee and got a snack the match was over.

·
Registered
18,427 Posts
This fucking tournament!

Vanquish your demons with a TITLE! Hoping for a balanced draw and a top 10 opponent prior to the final (if she is good enough to get there).

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
I was stressed in that 2012 final. That entire final set I was like wtf is happening. When Azarenka went up 5-3 I was like guess its over. Then Serena held and I was like well lets see how this plays out. I think the drama made the match. 2013 should have never went 3 in the first place and Vika used all her energy just to win the 2nd. By the time you went to pee and got a snack the match was over.
Even though she was on the verge of losing you don't feel that the rallies in the first 2 sets of 2013 were more exciting than any of the rallies in 2012?

1 - 20 of 2239 Posts