· Banned
3,883 Posts
Go Kim!!
Go Patty!!!

Win!
hhhhooppp sssccchhhwwwiiizzz :D

· Registered
14,307 Posts
The fact that Serena is WAS injured and had surgery really makes her #1 ranking hollow.

Sorry, but this is my opinion and I am so sure Kim will agree. Which makes it even more sad imho.

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
The fact that Serena is WAS injured and had surgery really makes her #1 ranking hollow.

Sorry, but this is my opinion and I am so sure Kim will agree. Which makes it even more sad imho.
She was bound to overtake Serena anyway and you know it too. It's unfortunate what happened but all it did was speed up the process.

· Registered
20,830 Posts
Dawn Marie said:

no injuries are part of life and a career and coming back from it doesn't deserve credit either so other players succes doesn't becomes hollow either

I have heard this the whole week, it's not my idea

that said imho serena is still #1 based on slams at least till the us open. the only player who can come close this year slamwise is justine when she would win the us open.

· Registered
279 Posts
hmmm, it's sad that she becomes number one due to the fact of Serena's withdrawal. Let us all cross fingers for a good indoorseason for Justine. Perhaps she can become number one with a Grand Slam titel :yeah:

· Registered
877 Posts
Dawn Marie said:

Dawn Marie, Kim did not ask Serena to be injured! I mean, it's a bit unfair to say this, she becomes #1, and no matter what, you can only become #1 when you deserve it.

I agree, I also wanted to see a fight at the US Open for the #1-spot, but Serena is out now, but this is not Kim's fault. It's very sad for Serena, but these things happen in tennis. Tomorrow, it can be Kim who is injured and has to lose ranking-points.

Btw: Kim was also coming very very close to the #1-spot without Serena being injured, you can't deny that. It would have been a great US Open with this in our mind, but it's not now, I just think it's not fair to blame Kim's #1-ranking, she really gained EVERY point by herself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.