Tennis Forum banner

US Open 2019

13K views 113 replies 31 participants last post by  Cliffton 
#1 ·
Practice Thursday:

US Open Tennis
‏Verified account @usopen
6h6 hours ago

Our Thursday Featured Practices lineup is loaded. Catch them all on the Grandstand ?

10 a.m. Maria Sharapova
11 a.m. Roger Federer & Dominic Thiem
12 p.m. Angelique Kerber & Caroline Wozniacki
1 p.m. Marin Cilic and Damir Dzumhur
2 p.m. Novak Djokovic and Roberto Bautista Agut

#22 ·
For whatever reason, her record since this recent surgery was a pathetic 2-5, soon to be 2-6. But she has no full-time coach and seems to be fine with it. How can Riccardo Piatti possibly help her if he only watches ONE match of hers on the scene, after all these weeks where they weren't training together?

#31 ·
This will definitely be a night match.
This will definitely end Maria's night match streak.

The only chance she has is hoping that Serena chickens out again because she isn't 100% fit.

#32 ·
This will definitely be a night match.
This will definitely end Maria's night match streak.

The only chance she has is hoping that Serena chickens out again because she isn't 100% fit.
It ended last year against CSN of all people :lol:

And I agree with the later part. We have no idea how Serena is feeling with the injury in Toronto final. We know for sure one thing that she will not enter the court to play Maria not feeling 100% well, to even give her a tiny chance to win the match.

#33 ·
My exact thought atm:

I can’t believe the USO could be this mean to Maria, just to have the hype and attention right from the get go of the tournament, just like how they did back in 2017. But in that year, it was against Halep, not her worst nemesis Serena. If they desperately want hype, just put her against Barty, Osaka or Venus. But Serena? Just wow. Shame on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.