Tennis Forum banner

841 - 846 of 846 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts

(Google Translate)
Bertens doubts about US Open and says about Dimitrov and Coric: 'Own fault'
"I think everyone has seen the images from Serbia, how it went there," said Bertens, referring among other things to the step night that the players put in during the tournament. "So it comes as no surprise to me that several players have contracted the coronavirus there. What I thought? A bit of my own fault, of course."

Hard lesson
Bertens: "It is good for the tennis associations to look at that. Suppose we get together again, then that must be done safely. Maybe this is also a hard lesson for them."

"Of course it will be different at the WTA and ATP. We play, unlike in Serbia, without an audience. But you bring a lot of people together, so I am very curious what they will do."

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where "stepnight" is "night out", and "a bit of my own fault" is "their own fault". The interview was right after the happening and the Berlin tournament was meant to be without spectators originally...

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
I've recently watched an ATP video about covid featuring Dimitrov in April, saying something like stay safe and if you have symptoms isolate yourself, :LOL: and Isner is there too. I was only missing Djokovic to have the full clowning show. Funny now seeing them saying things they didn't believe at all.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
worth mentioning that in his recent interview, Grigor Dimitrov claims he had a pretty serious case of COVID, was definitely NOT asymptomatic, and still hasn't recovered neither physically nor emotionally. He also looks kinda frail but this may just be the lighting in the video

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
worth mentioning that in his recent interview, Grigor Dimitrov claims he had a pretty serious case of COVID, was definitely NOT asymptomatic, and still hasn't recovered neither physically nor emotionally. He also looks kinda frail but this may just be the lighting in the video
He had extremely good stamina in the past. I wonder if that will be affected?

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Obviously he wasn't asymptomatic as he the whole thing fell apart precisely because he started showing symptoms, was clearly unwell and had to be tested.

841 - 846 of 846 Posts