Tennis Forum banner

701 - 720 of 833 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm no fan of Kyrgios (in fact, I don't know anyone who is), but he's quite entitled to take the moral high ground against Zverev and Djokovic. It has nothing to do with ability or jealousy - it's simply that they're spreading Covid-19 around at least part of the world, and jeopardising the return of tennis as we used to know it. At least Kyrgios isn't doing that.

Serbia recorded just 254 deaths
The Serbian government lifted restrictions.
Djokovic's tournament was given the go-ahead by the country
4000 people maxed out the crowds.
NOBODY DIED.

That's because this virus is not that much more worse than the Flu, which is not good but has LARGELY only affected the elderly who have serious health issues already, they were still in lockdown, it's ridiculous based on all that above how Novak is being treated like the leper of the Tennis world and a borderline murderer, the only thing more ridiculous than that is this grandstanding chump Kyrgios presenting himself as holier than thou and taking the lead in attacking Djokovic, the only reason why he's so vocal it's because he's been attacking him for a long time and this was just another opportunity that presented itself and he probably couldn't believe his luck, it's also a win/win for Kyrgios because he also gets to, in his own head, atone/compensate for all of the juvenile, delinquent behaviour he's indulged in since day 1, remember than nonsense with Wawrinka and Vekic, very embarrassing, now he's Saint Nick protector of the human race😀😀😀

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,220 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Serbia recorded just 254 deaths
The Serbian government lifted restrictions.
Djokovic's tournament was given the go-ahead by the country
Are there no forms of communication on the strange planet you inhabit? Yes, the Serbian government lifted SOME restrictions. Yes, the tournament was given the go-ahead....BUT...the organisers supplied masks and gloves to EVERYONE entering the grounds, but did NOT insist or ensure that everyone used them as they were supposed to. @Just Do It and @Joana can correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently mandatory use was part of the conditions under which the tournament was approved. Just Do It wrote earlier in this thread that these were offered EVERY time he/she entered the grounds. Presumably some form of social distancing was also at least recommended.

This was the Djokovic family's tournament, where Novak's brother was the tournament director. It should have been his responsibility to have warning signs everywhere, and constant announcements over the public address system to ensure that these conditions were followed. If those signs and announcements WERE in place, then anyone not using the supplied PPE should have been removed from the grounds.
4000 people maxed out the crowds.
I thought that there were 2000 people there - 1000 tickets sold initially, and then 1000 more. I don't know if either venue can actually fit 4000 people - I rather doubt it.
NOBODY DIED.
How do you know? Sure, none of the PLAYERS have died, but nobody knows how many of the ordinary visitors may have been infected, or how sick any of them got because, like older people (such as me), they're not in the slightest bit important to you.
That's because this virus is not that much more worse than the Flu,
Your planet really does suffer from a media blackout. The latest consensus from the epidemiological community (come in @Tampering) is that the true fatality rate appears to be somewhere between 1 and 2%. That is between 10 and 40 TIMES worse than the flu.
...which is not good but has LARGELY only affected the elderly who have serious health issues already,
You still don't understand it, do you? There are two main things which you have to try to realise here:

1. Yes - the majority of fatalities and serious cases have been those who, as you say, are elderly and had pre-existing medical conditions. However, how do you think they got infected in the first place? Yes, that's right - BY YOUNG(ER) PEOPLE!!!!! Old people didn't suddenly go out and start contracting Covid-19 all by themselves. Young people are still infecting old people all around the world, in many cases simply because they are asymptomatic and nobody knows they have the disease - just like Djokovic and his wife. How many people might he have infected before he received the positive result of his test?

2. Those young people that you are so fond of saying won't suffer ill-effects are dying in their thousands all around the world. Yes - they're only a small proportion of the total number of cases, but that number is rising, and each of those deaths causes probably more grief to their families and friends than the death of some older relative who they may have been expecting to die within a reasonably short time anyway.
they were still in lockdown, it's ridiculous based on all that above how Novak is being treated like the leper of the Tennis world and a borderline murderer,
Djokovic is the number one player in the world. He had the perfect stage to set an example of how an exhibition tournament series could be run SAFELY, so that authorities around the world could be reassured that protocols that were set in place (e.g. for the US Open) would work, and that any danger to players would be minimised to the smallest possible degree. He spectacularly blew that opportunity.
...the only thing more ridiculous than that is this grandstanding chump Kyrgios presenting himself as holier than thou and taking the lead in attacking Djokovic, the only reason why he's so vocal it's because he's been attacking him for a long time and this was just another opportunity that presented itself and he probably couldn't believe his luck, it's also a win/win for Kyrgios because he also gets to, in his own head, atone/compensate for all of the juvenile, delinquent behaviour he's indulged in since day 1, remember than nonsense with Wawrinka and Vekic, very embarrassing, now he's Saint Nick protector of the human race😀😀😀
Yes, it's truly ironic that St Nick is the one who has come out on top in this exchange. And do you know why? It's because the absolute icons of the game (Roger and Rafa - not sure about Serena) have said NOTHING.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Are there no forms of communication on the strange planet you inhabit? Yes, the Serbian government lifted SOME restrictions. Yes, the tournament was given the go-ahead....BUT...the organisers supplied masks and gloves to EVERYONE entering the grounds, but did NOT insist or ensure that everyone used them as they were supposed to. @Just Do It and @Joana can correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently mandatory use was part of the conditions under which the tournament was approved. Just Do It wrote earlier in this thread that these were offered EVERY time he/she entered the grounds. Presumably some form of social distancing was also at least recommended.

This was the Djokovic family's tournament, where Novak's brother was the tournament director. It should have been his responsibility to have warning signs everywhere, and constant announcements over the public address system to ensure that these conditions were followed. If those signs and announcements WERE in place, then anyone not using the supplied PPE should have been removed from the grounds.

I thought that there were 2000 people there - 1000 tickets sold initially, and then 1000 more. I don't know if either venue can actually fit 4000 people - I rather doubt it.

How do you know? Sure, none of the PLAYERS have died, but nobody knows how many of the ordinary visitors may have been infected, or how sick any of them got because, like older people (such as me), they're not in the slightest bit important to you.

Your planet really does suffer from a media blackout. The latest consensus from the epidemiological community (come in @Tampering) is that the true fatality rate appears to be somewhere between 1 and 2%. That is between 10 and 40 TIMES worse than the flu.

You still don't understand it, do you? There are two main things which you have to try to realise here:

1. Yes - the majority of fatalities and serious cases have been those who, as you say, are elderly and had pre-existing medical conditions. However, how do you think they got infected in the first place? Yes, that's right - BY YOUNG(ER) PEOPLE!!!!! Old people didn't suddenly go out and start contracting Covid-19 all by themselves. Young people are still infecting old people all around the world, in many cases simply because they are asymptomatic and nobody knows they have the disease - just like Djokovic and his wife. How many people might he have infected before he received the positive result of his test?

2. Those young people that you are so fond of saying won't suffer ill-effects are dying in their thousands all around the world. Yes - they're only a small proportion of the total number of cases, but that number is rising, and each of those deaths causes probably more grief to their families and friends than the death of some older relative who they may have been expecting to die within a reasonably short time anyway.

Djokovic is the number one player in the world. He had the perfect stage to set an example of how an exhibition tournament series could be run SAFELY, so that authorities around the world could be reassured that protocols that were set in place (e.g. for the US Open) would work, and that any danger to players would be minimised to the smallest possible degree. He spectacularly blew that opportunity.

Yes, it's truly ironic that St Nick is the one who has come out on top in this exchange. And do you know why? It's because the absolute icons of the game (Roger and Rafa - not sure about Serena) have said NOTHING.

The tournament was legal, that's the long and short of it, nobody died, because it's a mild virus, so what are you actually whinging about, now get off your high horse.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I think one can make a pretty strong case for Daria being in possession of the single best Instagram site on the WTA tour. There's a lot of fun and amusement to be found on the Daria Gavrilova Instagram page, that's for sure.
Luke is looking hot here.

·
Registered
19,646 Posts
I think one can make a pretty strong case for Daria being in possession of the single best Instagram site on the WTA tour. There's a lot of fun and amusement to be found on the Daria Gavrilova Instagram page, that's for sure.
Nothing that doesn't stem from her base personality of course. Infectious fun.

701 - 720 of 833 Posts