Tennis Forum banner

641 - 660 of 825 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
If Novaxx and Dimitrov didn't give him pause, he won't stop until someone high profile gets it and suffers from debilitating symptoms. It might end up being him.
SasCovid? Coviderev?

·
Registered
85,252 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,180 Posts
Djokovic, Thiem and Zverev seem to be in a personal battle with each other right now to see who can look like more of a jerk. And clearly this is a competition none of them want to lose. Just when it looks like one of them has the advantage one of the others simply goes....hold my beer for a moment......

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That has not been proven.
In what sense? We had in Romania 3 cases of reinfection. After more than 3 weeks being "Healthy". And one guy had antibodies for C19 but it seems he got a different strain the 2nd time. This is well documented here by medical people. So in these 3 cases it was proven.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
In what sense? We had in Romania 3 cases of reinfection. After more than 3 weeks being "Healthy". And one guy had antibodies for C19 but it seems he got a different strain the 2nd time. This is well documented here by medical people. So in these 3 cases it was proven.
In the sense that it hasn't been proved at all so far, even if that might be the case in the end. All those reinfections in South Korea turned out to be a false negative followed by a positive. And three weeks is just too little time. Some people still test positive months after being infected, while in others the virus stays latent but undetected in PCR (that's the false negative) and then it´s detected again in the next test. It's more a relapse than a reinfection. It's still too early to tell. Some people will have longer immunity than others, but so far everyone seems to agree it should last at least some months.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Although, if you are going to make a video statement about someone else's recklessness, maybe don't do it when you're driving and looking at your phone instead of the road.
In a way it's reassuring that the world has not completely turned on its head. Nick can still be an irresponsible dick, even while correctly castigating others for being irresponsible dicks.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
In the sense that it hasn't been proved at all so far, even if that might be the case in the end. All those reinfections in South Korea turned out to be a false negative followed by a positive. And three weeks is just too little time. Some people still test positive months after being infected, while in others the virus stays latent but undetected in PCR (that's the false negative) and then it´s detected again in the next test. It's more a relapse than a reinfection. It's still too early to tell. Some people will have longer immunity than others, but so far everyone seems to agree it should last at least some months.
So basically you didn't read my post at all.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
So basically you didn't read my post at all.
Sure dude. You said reinfections have been proved because of 3 cases in your country that happened just 3 weeks later after being healthy, which doesn't sound exactly like an overwhelming scientific conclusion, and I explained to you the reason why those might not be reinfections at all.Tones of articles have been written about immunity and how long it could last, and so far no one has the answer, except you, it seems, mainly because it's a new virus and it's barely three months since the pandemic started. Check them out if you care.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if he's an actual right-wing extremist.
With the levels of carelessness and arrogance we've been seeing, I really doubt these players have the capacity or desire to develop actual firm views on issues of importance.

Reactions: Wiggly

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Sure dude. You said reinfections have been proved because of 3 cases in your country that happened just 3 weeks later after being healthy, which doesn't sound exactly like an overwhelming scientific conclusion, and I explained to you the reason why those might not be reinfections at all.Tones of articles have been written about immunity and how long it could last, and so far no one has the answer, except you, it seems, mainly because it's a new virus and it's barely three months since the pandemic started. Check them out if you care.
Out of these 3 cases one is clear. That is all I am saying. Reinfection happened there. That proves it can happen. In what circumstances? How often? Well, for answers on that, anecdotal evidence is of no help. And chill, I read all I can on this pandemic. Not news bits but medical sources.

·
Registered
113,486 Posts
Shock headline but not sure Nole was involved in any way

The head of Serbia’s government office for Kosovo, the speaker of parliament and the defense minister all announced they’d tested positive, with the latter two having attended election-victory celebrations with President Aleksandar Vucic. Members of the electoral commission who handled ballots sent from polling stations were also infected, the Novosti newspaper reported.

Read more at: Djokovic Virus Shock Worsens as Outbreak Hits Serb Politicians
Copyright © BloombergQuint

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
I think the ATP/ITF/WTA have to come down hard against repeat coronavirus offenders like Zverev and ban them from the next two slams. That is the only way to hurt them.
Under which country's corona rule would the ban be? WTA's?

That would mean the rules enforced in Floriduh under governor DeSantis... which, until now at least, allow Zverev to go to the beach and party like it's 1999

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Djokovic, Thiem and Zverev seem to be in a personal battle with each other right now to see who can look like more of a jerk. And clearly this is a competition none of them want to lose. Just when it looks like one of them has the advantage one of the others simply goes....hold my beer for a moment......
I think Zverev has set the bar so high now, that he cannot be topped.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
So much for rooting for Kyrgios after seeing his irresponsible Zverev-shaming while driving.
Are there any likable current ATP players?
Uhhh, de Minaur or FAA maybe? Idk. Sinner seems okay so far, but he has time for the fame to get to his head :p

641 - 660 of 825 Posts