Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the weather report on the WB channel in the NY area (Channel 11) and it doesn't look good for the next 48 hours for the USO. It will rain off and on until Friday afternoon at the latest.

Please Note: Hurricane Fabian is moving NNW to the East Coast (including NYC), but right now, is expected to turn NE and not affect the NYC area, but it is moving so slow that the path could change every hour.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
its posed to rain tomorrow but then only scatter t-storms thursday and friday

theres an icky heat wave coming from the south which i assume will collide with the hurricane if it hits our way. which is just fucking wonderful

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know.

I guess we will fin out on Thursday.

I hope that the Schiavone/Sugyama and Myskina Pierce matches will completed before the women's quarterfinal matches start.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Installing a retractable roof won't be financially feasible because they won't have any fucking money after this fiasco. I would advise the winner of the Women's Singles to cash her cheque immediately, before the Men's Singles is decided.

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Regarding the Women's side, it doesn't matter anyway because without [email protected] none of them would be holding up the trophy anyhow. I say cancel it and bring it on next year.:p

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Regarding the Women's side, it doesn't matter anyway because without [email protected] none of them would be holding up the trophy anyhow. I say cancel it and bring it on next year.:p
A real mature attitude. They shouldn't hold the #1 ranking for a player recovering from a murder attempt, but they should cancel events based on who has a knee or abdominal injury.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
disposablehero said:
A real mature attitude. They shouldn't hold the #1 ranking for a player recovering from a murder attempt, but they should cancel events based on who has a knee or abdominal injury.
Diposable Hero & Dawn Marie-I thought you two were buds!

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
i really, really hope that this was just a joke and not a serious comment. disposablehero is so right in what he/she says. venus/serena are injured - that is part of being a professional athletes. if they can't stay fit when only playing a handful of tournaments in a year then that is nobody's fault but their bodies.

no doubt they are now a big part of the heart and soul of women's tennis, but the show will and has gone on while they are not around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.